Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Icethetics (new jersey posts)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

Icethetics (new jersey posts) Empty
PostSubject: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:53 pm

Not sure if anyone's familiar with this blog. It's been up for a few years now in various shapes. And if you're a nutjob about jerseys like I am, this is a must read.

www.icethetics.info

Last edited by Kwright315 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:56 pm

friggin love Icethetics, i know a few people brought it up when the 3rd jersey mystery was happening.

There was a dude on the WMB who did a blog on jerseys (4th string goalie i think) and he was doing a lot of cool write ups on odd and obscure jersey's
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:58 pm

Good deal.

for the record, I'm a HUGE fan of that WC Bruins jersey.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:11 pm

those Bruins jersey's are pretty slick. and I didn't think it was possible, but Nashville has a pretty clean looking 3rd. dunno the point of the checkerboard, but at least it is a start for something decent looking.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:22 pm

I demand more yellow in the NHL! *wears mustard Preds jersey/yellow Bruins jersey*

I don't get the checkerboard deal either. They should've made the whole blue in that design. Now THAT'S original!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:06 pm

next year, it will be HOUNDSTOOTH!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:51 pm

HA. They should steal the Admirals' Uecker jerseys from years past:

Icethetics (new jersey posts) 1126471237_849d3cd12b
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:03 pm

oh...........my.............God (imagine in Mr.Vu voice)

that is a thing of beauty.
Back to top Go down
Beer

Beer

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Kwright315 wrote:
I demand more yellow in the NHL! *wears mustard Preds jersey/yellow Bruins jersey*

I don't get the checkerboard deal either. They should've made the whole blue in that design. Now THAT'S original!

Wait... you mean I'm not the only one that loved the grey poupon jersey?
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:39 pm

Not at all. I proudly wear my mustard jersey a lot. I'm generally a sucker for bright colors in general. Give me all the yellow and orange you can throw at me.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:42 pm

Do you own any Flyers sweaters? I know how much you love orange, I would have figured you would have a Flyers one.
Back to top Go down
Beer

Beer

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:57 pm

Kwright315 wrote:
Not at all. I proudly wear my mustard jersey a lot. I'm generally a sucker for bright colors in general. Give me all the yellow and orange you can throw at me.

Hell yeah. I'm a fan of the brighter color sweaters as well. Always loved the look of the Flyers orange, Atlanta light blue, the old Islanders orange third, etc. Never was much of a fan of the Bruins pooh bear jersey though, couldn't stand that logo.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:05 pm

I have the Bruins bear jersey. One of my favorite alternates of all time. It was just so goofy looking.

I do not have a Flyers jersey since they were hard to find once the team went to the Black home and white on the road. I've always wanted one though. Some day...

I LOVE Atlanta's blue jersey, but just haven't gotten around to it.

I have the Islanders' third jersey though. For some reason I have TWO Islanders jerseys. That alternate and a plain white home one. WTF.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:09 pm

you got a Gortons Fisherman one? lol
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Negative. The Fisherman jersey was sweet though with it's wavy trim.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:17 pm

lol, get the guys on the ice bouncing up and down and get the crowd sea sick
Back to top Go down
Beer

Beer

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Kwright315 wrote:
I have the Bruins bear jersey. One of my favorite alternates of all time. It was just so goofy looking.

I do not have a Flyers jersey since they were hard to find once the team went to the Black home and white on the road. I've always wanted one though. Some day...

I LOVE Atlanta's blue jersey, but just haven't gotten around to it.

I have the Islanders' third jersey though. For some reason I have TWO Islanders jerseys. That alternate and a plain white home one. WTF.

I must say I do really like the Bruins winter classic jersey. It's nice to see a little brown in the NHL, even if just for one game.

I hope they adopt it as their official alternate in the future.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:45 pm

Yeah their current alternate "throwback" is lame. I would also love a switch to this new one.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Oh lord...anyone see this:

Don Cherry inspired uniforms...

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2009/10/22/on-the-ice-nothings-scarier.html
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:16 pm

awesome, Antti will be swooning over those i am sure.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:55 pm

New Sabres jerseys.

Road:

Icethetics (new jersey posts) Newroad

Alt:

Icethetics (new jersey posts) Newalt2

Icethetics (new jersey posts) Newalt1
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:11 am

i kinda dig the alternate one. not too bad.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:06 pm

New RANGERS alternate leaked by everyone's favorite player...Chris Avery!

Icethetics (new jersey posts) Rangers3rdAvery

So order your Boogaard jerseys now!

PS these things are lame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icethetics (new jersey posts)   Icethetics (new jersey posts) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Icethetics (new jersey posts)
Page 1 of 1