Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)

Go down 
+7
Quisp
mplspug
aRKade
Cool Slovak
TaLoN
Kevin W
00Xtremeninja
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) Empty
PostSubject: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:03 am

So anyone have different thoughts on them seeing them in full display during a game. Has grown a little more on me.

Not feeling them 100%, but feel better about them than i did a few months back. The original greens are still my fav.

but I am a sucker for green, so i am biased. marioban
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:26 am

My thoughts exactly.
-I like the simplicity of them (although a shoulder patch of the logo would be cool too, but then again that might blow my simplicity out of the water).

-It's good to see green and away from red. TOO MUCH RED IN THE NHL!

-The stupid reebok protocol piping on the shoulders is just unecessary. If you're gonna do that, just make the shoulders that wheat color. Doing that, I'd be SOLD.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:28 am

yeah, every time i saw Backstrom that piping stuck out like crazy because of how big his jersey is.

but they looked better than i thought they would on the ice
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:32 pm

I think the sweater looks better on it's own than it does with the complete uniform. The breezers lack of any striping makes the green extremely overwhelming IMO. They NEED to add striping to the breezers!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:51 pm

Yeah those were a little plain. Don't wish for it though before reebok hears you and makes a stripe and it turns into a wavy nonsense mess.
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:11 pm

TaLoN wrote:
I think the sweater looks better on it's own than it does with the complete uniform. The breezers lack of any striping makes the green extremely overwhelming IMO. They NEED to add striping to the breezers!

+1
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:19 pm

Kwright315 wrote:
Yeah those were a little plain. Don't wish for it though before reebok hears you and makes a stripe and it turns into a wavy nonsense mess.

thank god reebok had no hands on in the islanders uniforms that were all wavy with the numbers and name plates
Back to top Go down
aRKade

aRKade

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:24 pm

When I first saw the sweater when it was announced I was kinda 'meh' on it. It has slowly grown on my and I am now a fan. Now that I have seen the whole uniform on the ice I am kind of 'meh' on that. Seems like too much green and the red accents are a little too minimal. Looks a little weird with all the green and wheat in the unis when a player has a lot of red in their gloves. Then the gloves just look out of place. Plus since there is a decent amount of wheat and no white in the uniforms Backstrom's mainly white pads also look out of place. Wheat and white just don't seem to look right together. Would be interesting to see wheat pads used with the 3rd jerseys.

Mikko looked great in the 3rd sweater with the 'C' on it!!
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:36 pm

I didn't really like the new unis when they were displaying them when they first came out, especially the wide waist stripe. But I have to say I did like them on the ice. To me they exemplified Minnesota Retro without going over the top. They put me in an up north mood. Maybe that is bad though. I should be in a Lake Street mood for a game. Wait. This ain't basketball.
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:14 pm

I don't mind the color set-up but that softball banner has got to go. ICK

Well they have played like a softball team so I guess it fits the bill.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:51 pm

Kwright315 wrote:
The Wild have done things right when it comes to striping IMO, and if they added striping down the sides of the breezers just to help break up all that overwhelming green, it would help GREATLY!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:36 pm

I honestly find them ugly as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:07 am

I love them. 10 NHL teams wear red. Dallas used to be the only green team but are now black at home. I say we go green.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:14 am

Green = Envy.

Makes perfect sense Jagged!
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:42 am

I liked the 3rd jerseys right from the start. So I didn't need any selling on them. I didn't like the whole uniform assembly. While I am a wee bit green/blue color-dim. The Wild's breezers looked blueish to me. Maybe it was becuse I wasn't able to tune in until early in the 3rd and at that point hey may have been a bit saturated with melty ice particles that altered the hue, but the curtains didn't seem to match the carpet.

Quote :
Green = Envy.

Makes perfect sense Jagged!
Envious of what/whom tho? That is the question I mull. As the only teams I am envious of would be the SC winners, like Pittsburgh and Detroit. But then I tak solace because those fans live in... Pittsburgh and Detroit.

Last edited by Marlowe Syn on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:44 am

Curtains not matching the carpet...I'm going to zip my lips on that one...
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:03 am

C'mon Cehnedeh I left you a big hanging slider(there's another one, somewhere I think) right over the plate for your 4th line trolloxic quips.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:15 am

Marlowe Syn wrote:
C'mon Cehnedeh I left you a big hanging slider(there's another one, somewhere I think) right over the plate for your 4th line trolloxic quips.

Like a major league ump I blew the call.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:51 pm

looks like we are rocking our thirds in St. Louis tonight
Back to top Go down
aRKade

aRKade

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:15 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
looks like we are rocking our thirds in St. Louis tonight
Wow, so they are doing three games in a row? The are also wearing them tomorrow against Carolina. Another "Go Green" game. I'm gonna be at that game but wearing my white jersey since it has more green in it than the red one. Be interesting to see how they look in person. Although I am in the upper deck so I'll be quite a ways away.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:38 pm

they are also wearing green against chicago too
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Hmm. Should be interesting. It'll be like watching an NHl game in the pre 200-whatever. Whites for the home team. I'll try not to get confused.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:51 pm

what if they threw everyone for a loop and did Blues 3rd and the Wild 3rd?!? Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) 553245
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:57 pm

I thought of that at first. Would be sweet. But the navy blue against the forest green would be too hard to differenciate. Fuck it. DO IT UP!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 2:58 pm

IF WE CAN FOLLOW IT IN MADDEN AND NHL 2010, WE CAN DO IT IN REAL LIFE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)   Wild 3rd Jersey (Again) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild 3rd Jersey (Again)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next