Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fantasy Football

Go down 
+3
Beer
00Xtremeninja
TaLoN
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

Fantasy Football - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:27 pm

zamboni14 wrote:
well give them a game to "adjust" more
Well damnit, I needed those points in week 1! That goose egg without Clark making up for it cost me the win! A measly 6pt loss! That SHOULD have been a win!
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:38 pm

we've all been there before... hell I lost in the semi-finals of playoffs because Eli Manning threw a INT at the end of his game... because my opponent tied me with that INT and they had me beat via tiebreaker.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:43 pm

zamboni14 wrote:
we've all been there before... hell I lost in the semi-finals of playoffs because Eli Manning threw a INT at the end of his game... because my opponent tied me with that INT and they had me beat via tiebreaker.
You want to hear a much worse situation? I was playing for my 4th consecutive league title, went into Monday night down by 2pts, with Laverneus Coles left to play, my opponent was done. Coles had AVERAGED me near 20pts/game that season. My opponent called Sunday night and congradulated me on the win, I refused to accept until I got the needed points.

Needless to say, Coles caught 1 pass for 2yrds on the opening drive, then was pulled from the game for aggravating a knee injury. Got 1 measly point for the reception and lost the title by 1 fricking point! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:51 pm

TaLoN wrote:
zamboni14 wrote:
You want to hear a much worse situation? I was playing for my 4th consecutive league title, went into Monday night down by 2pts, with Laverneus Coles left to play, my opponent was done. Coles had AVERAGED me near 20pts/game that season. My opponent called Sunday night and congradulated me on the win, I refused to accept until I got the needed points.

Needless to say, Coles caught 1 pass for 2yrds on the opening drive, then was pulled from the game for aggravating a knee injury. Got 1 measly point for the reception and lost the title by 1 fricking point! Evil or Very Mad

oh that has GOT to suck!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:53 pm

zamboni14 wrote:
oh that has GOT to suck!
You're telling me... 1pt from 4 titles in a row. I haven't made it past the 1st round of our playoffs in the 2yrs since!
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:58 pm

that's just a kick in the nuts!

The best I've done is back-to-back titles, but I am almost always in a "money" game in at least one league (out of two.) Last year I took first in one and 3rd in the other and have only missed the playoffs (completely) once... my first year playing fantasy football.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:01 pm

Even funnier though? Each time I won a title, I was a .500 team or worse entering the playoffs. The last two years when I couldn't get past the 1st round? I was seeded 1 or 2 each time.

Our league has been running since 2002, and every singe year in that time, the #1 and #2 playoffs seeds fail to even make it to the title game! NEVER in 7 years!

The last two years, I STILL think I had the best Fantasy Football teams I've ever managed to assemble, but nothing to show for it.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:09 pm

Oh, BTW - I have to admit I've been on the complete other end of the spectrum for winning a title as well.

The first one I won in 2003, I was down 38pts going into Monday night. I was the one making the call congratulating my opponent (ironically the same one that would defeat me by 1 4yrs later) on his win. I had only my QB to play and he was done. He had already set the single week league scoring record that day. The score was 168-130. No fricking way was I going to manage 39pts to pull out a win from only my QB right?

Wrong.

Brett Favre happened to be my starting QB, and this happened to be the Raiders game he played just after his dad passed. I'm sure you remember it. He got me 42pts that night, the single week scoring record in our league, and the first Fantasy Football title I had ever won by 4pts.

Damnit, why did it have to be Brett Favre who did that for me? I hate him, yet I was happy!?!? WTF! :p
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:23 am

my league has that whole "top team failure" thing going as well. We've been going for 10 years now, and we've had both #1 teams make the finals ONCE, otherwise at least one of them always fails to win money (we pay 3 places.)

I had a killer run last year and a few years back. Last year, I started 2-6 before running the table to the championship (qualified the same way I was eliminated in my other league... last play of a game INT gave me the win.) And a few years back I started 1-6 and ran the table on everyone! We actually lost a team because of it (they said I cheated.)
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:13 am

Yeah, you won, so you must've cheated somehow, right? lol!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 1:01 am

Oi vay, I've got a rough call at the #2 RB slot this week...

Thomas Jones going against the Titans - the Titans have been crushing opposing RB's.
Cedric Benson going again the Steel curtain - again, the Steelers have been crushing opposing RB's.
Knowshon Moreno going agains the Raiders... they haven't been allowing huge rushing either, but Knowshon only took over the starting job last week... will he still remain the feature back or was that just what the situation demanded?

As of right now I'm starting Knowshon... but damn I'm not liking the situation.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 1:54 pm

from what I've learned over the years, some times it's not a good idea to "over think" some players. There are guys you ALWAYS start no matter who they are playing. Sure they may not get you 150 yards and 2-3 TDs, but if nothing else a starting RB should be able to give you 75 yards and 1 TD even against a good team.

If I was in your shoes, I'd probably still stick with Jones and Benson because Moreno has no real track record yet to make you think he'll do very well against anyone.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:26 pm

There's the thing, I don't consider Jones or Benson every week starters in the first place.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:37 pm

neither would I, but so far they haven't been too shabby. So think of it like playing the evils you know as opposed to the evil you don't know.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:42 pm

zamboni14 wrote:
neither would I, but so far they haven't been too shabby. So think of it like playing the evils you know as opposed to the evil you don't know.
The evils I know are playing against teams where RB's go to die. Benson last season (when he started his good run) only had 2.8yrd per carry vs the Steelers... NO THANKS!

Jones is becoming a part-time player... sorry I have no faith in a part-time player vs the Titans.

At least Moreno looks like he will get the lion share of the carries, and it is coming against a team that does give up plays to the RB. He's literally my only hope, even if he is only starting his 2nd game.

Thanks, you're actually giving me more confidence in Moreno! Laughing

I started the season with a player who I knew even less, but is becoming fantasy money in Percy Harvin at my 3rd WR spot, I think I can survive with Moreno for a week. Wink
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:29 pm

TaLoN wrote:
zamboni14 wrote:
The evils I know are playing against teams where RB's go to die. Benson last season (when he started his good run) only had 2.8yrd per carry vs the Steelers... NO THANKS!

Jones is becoming a part-time player... sorry I have no faith in a part-time player vs the Titans.

At least Moreno looks like he will get the lion share of the carries, and it is coming against a team that does give up plays to the RB. He's literally my only hope, even if he is only starting his 2nd game.

Thanks, you're actually giving me more confidence in Moreno! Laughing

I started the season with a player who I knew even less, but is becoming fantasy money in Percy Harvin at my 3rd WR spot, I think I can survive with Moreno for a week. Wink

uhhhh, thanks? (I think)

Harvin does give you more room to gamble, but be careful of the 49ers... I think they are done being a "gimmie" for fantasy football players.

But I think you are giving the Titans a little too much credit too early. Week 1 they played a poor RB (Pitts run attack is nothing like it used to be!) And last week they played an over rated Steve Slaton in a game where Houston was down 21-7 in the 2nd quarter, so they had to rely on the pass a bit more.

Pittsburgh's D would scare any fantasy owner that doesn't have AP on his roster, and for good reason. I'd be happy as hell to get 50 yards and a TD from a RB that faces them!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Oi, I just can't win. Now Moreno has a groin injury (ocrurred in Thursday's practice)... so Benson starting it is. facepalm
Back to top Go down
Beer

Beer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:37 pm

I have 63 points already today. McGahee with 2 TDs again! Also got one from Driver, and MJD.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:34 pm

jesus, AP just find the end zone!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:55 pm

looks like I'll be going 0-2 this weekend unless Steve Smith finds the end zone a couple times tomorrow night or if Clark finds it 2 more times tonight
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:46 am

Here we are... Championship week... who's still alive in their league?

I made the playoffs cruising easily to the #1 seed and blew out my opponent in each of the first two rounds, back in the title game for the first time in 2yrs (but now have made it there 5 of the last 7 won 3, lost 1, will see how the 5th goes).

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:45 pm

I'm in the title game right now as well...I had Vince Young starting (made me cry) and Chris Johnson (didn't make me cry) in last night's game so meh..I'm facing Philip Rivers and Vincent Jackson so I'm down a bit atm...but hopefully I'll make my way back to the top.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Eff you Randy Moss...you're ruining my championship
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong for me today...goodbye championship.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:45 pm

playing for 5th and 3rd lol
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Football
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next