Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fantasy Football

Go down 
+3
Beer
00Xtremeninja
TaLoN
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
zamboni14

Fantasy Football - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:15 pm

In my own league, I made the playoffs (after missing last year) and lost in round 1 after a monster comeback by the other team (I was up 65-9... and then he marched to a 69-65 win.) Had Tim Hightower got a 100 yard game (rush/rec.) I would have won.

In the other league, I was hanging on for dear life most of the season. My RB's were shit, my WR's wouldn't produce when they'd be starting, my damn kicker (Carney) gets benched and then cut. BUT, though the magic of waiver pickups, I managed to cut and pick up a new defense almost every week that would help me win. First it was Denver (who was on my roster,) then I cut then and picked up Tennesse D, Houston's D and this week it was Atlanta's D. Each one getting me 20 points or more... which carried me all the way to my 2nd championship!

So my resume now looks like this...
1995- missed playoffs
1996- 3rd place (QWEEFF league)
1997- not in a league
1998- 1st place (Door Co. FFL)
1999- 1st place (Sherlock's Home FFL)/made playoffs (Fat-Dumb FFL)
2000- 1st place (Fat-Dumb FFL), 1st place (Goose Nest FFL)
2001- 1st place (Goose Nest FFL)/made playoffs (Fat-Dumb FFL)
2002- 1st place (Fat-Dumb FFL)
2003- 1st place (Fat-Dumb FFL)
2004- made playoffs (HHFFL)
2005- 3rd place (HHFFL)
2006- 2nd place (HHFFL)
2007- 3rd place (HHFFL)
2008- 1st place (Northwoods FFL)
2009- 1st place (Northwoods FFL)/made playoffs (HHFFL)
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 2:04 am

Well I ended up winning $90 for second place...(which is really a net win of $60) so I'm content with that...mainly I love this league because it's so easy to out-draft the other guys...they have no idea what they're doing...so I'll be back in it again next year Smile
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:17 am

I took 1st in one league and finished 8th in my other one. I had won that league last year, but thanks to some good drafting (Clinton Portis in 1st round) I sucked it up hard this year.

I had about 4 good players on my whole team all year.
-Chris Johnson
-Antonio Gates
-Jonathan Stewart (That's stretching it)
-Green Bay's Defense.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:47 pm

I lost the title by 1 stinking point!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Football   Fantasy Football - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Football
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3