Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach

Go down 
+2
Marlowe Syn
forthewild
6 posters
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach Empty
PostSubject: CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach   CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:40 pm

Quote :
The Columbus Blue Jackets have relieved head coach Ken Hitchcock of his duties behind the bench and named assistant coach Claude Noel as the club's interim head coach, the team announced Wednesday.

"This season has been very disappointing for the Blue Jackets organization and our fans and the responsibility for that rests with all of us from management to the coaches and players," said general manager Scott Howson in a statement.

"Hitch worked tirelessly to build an identity for this team that was missing before he arrived and deserves a great deal of credit for those efforts. He earned and received the opportunity to turn things around this season, but unfortunately that has not happened and it has become apparent that change is in the best interest of our organization. Claude Noel is a good hockey coach with a proven track record in the American Hockey League. He knows our team and is deserving of this opportunity."

After being fired by the Philadelphia Flyers early in the 2006-07 season, Hitchcock took over the reigns in Columbus a month later and almost managed to get the club to the .500 mark in 62 games.

The following season, the Blue Jackets finished with a record of 34-36-12 and he was rewarded with a three-year extension. He has two full years remaining on his contract.

Last season, the Blue Jackets (41-31-10) broke through the playoff barrier for the first time in franchise history but were swept in four games by the Detroit Red Wings.

Hitchcock, who first made his mark as head coach of the WHL's Kamloops Blazers, started his NHL coaching career with the Dallas Stars in 1995-96 and led the team to their first Stanley Cup three years later. His next stop came with the Flyers in 2002-03.

Hitchcock leaves the Blue Jackets as the sixth-longest tenured coach in the NHL, trailing only Anaheim's Randy Carlyle, Buffalo's Lindy Ruff, Detroit's Mike Babcock, Nashville's Barry Trotz and Vancouver's Alain Vigneault.

Hitchcock is an assistant coach for the Canadian Olympic team competing at the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver.

Noel, 54, joined the Blue Jackets as an assistant coach in 2007 after spending four seasons as the head coach of the American Hockey League's Milwaukee Admirals.

The Blue Jackets are 22-27-9 this season and are 11 points out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference.

so not surprised but shocked it took them this long to do something about it.
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach   CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Disappointing season no doubt, but I gotta admit I'm a bit surprised. Not shocked as all sports have a what have you done for me lately, but he did get the BJs to their first PO appearance last season. I would have figured that would have at least bought the 'Cock a grace period. Never been a fan of that fat bastard, but he is a good coach.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach   CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:45 pm

Claude Noel AKA Best Admirals coach ever.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach   CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:04 am

^^^i thought that name looked familiar when i read it.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach   CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:38 pm

I think the Blues just found a new head coach.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach   CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Ugh, I hope not. I've never liked Hitchcock.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach   CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:17 pm

that would be a gamble for St. Louis. Either a breath of fresh air, or it would be like taking three steps forward and 4 back.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach   CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:19 pm

The Blues need something...they are seriously underachieving.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach   CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:26 pm

first they need to take the C off of Brewer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach   CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CBJ sting Hitchcok as the head coach
Page 1 of 1