Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild sign Powe & Gillies, hire Torchetti as Aeros head coach

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

Wild sign Powe & Gillies, hire Torchetti as Aeros head coach Empty
PostSubject: Wild sign Powe & Gillies, hire Torchetti as Aeros head coach   Wild sign Powe & Gillies, hire Torchetti as Aeros head coach I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:32 pm

Wild sign Powe & Gillies, Torchetti as Aeros head coach

Wild sign Gillies and Powe, John Torchetti hired as Aeros bench boss and other Wild news

Written by Derek Felska | 07 July 2011

"Then you better start swimmin', or you'll sink like a stone, for the times they are a changin,'" is the almost parable like song of Minnesota music legend Bob Dylan. Change has become a popular buzzword in just about any political discussion, or any professional sports General Manager who finds himself in charge of a team that has been under performing. Everyone wants change, it sounds good and proactive. Yet change can also be miserable. Changing one's job can mean weeks or longer without a job, or perhaps reductions in hours or pay. In the case of a relationship, changes are often cited as the reason someone wants to end a relationship. Or perhaps more simply, your significant other may tell you that they would like a 'change.' I wonder how former Wild winger Antti Miettinen is thinking about change as he moves to Central Asia to play for Ak Bars Kazan of the Kontinental Hockey League. If you were in Antti Miettinen's situation, would you say change is a good thing?!?!

For the Minnesota Wild, the summer of 2011 has been season of change. A new head coach, new prospects just selected via the NHL Entry Draft, trades have all come together under the collective purpose of bringing a change of direction for a franchise that was languishing in the league's cellar. The 2011-12 version of the team is sure to look very different from the 2010-11 version but that is what makes life interesting right? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

I have put together a listing of possible forward lines for next season based on the signings of Powe and Gillies, as well as a listing of available defenseman. Also, I'd highly recommend you check out what I wrote about John Torchetti, he has a very intriguing past, a unique story. I also have a new poll at my website, so I'd appreciate all the votes I can get. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

Wild sign Powe & Gillies, hire Torchetti as Aeros head coach
Page 1 of 1