Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?

Go down 
+7
shmiddy
Beer
zamboni14
Velmeran
MuckandGrind
TaLoN
Wild_State_of_Hockey
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? Empty
PostSubject: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:38 am

http://wild.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=56989

Round 1:
Golden State Bracket
Eveleth vs Red Wing, Winner: Eveleth
Moorhead vs Hastings, Voting Starts September 21st
Bloomington vs Apple Valley, Voting Starts September 28th
International Falls vs Blaine, Voting Starts October 5th

Land of Lakes Bracket
White Bear Lake vs St. Cloud, Voting Starts October 12th
Hibbing vs Eden Prarie, Voting Starts October 19th
Rochester vs Cloquet, Voting Starts October 26th
Warroad vs Richfield, Voting Starts November 2nd

North Star Bracket
Edina vs Anoka, Voting Starts November 9th
Grand Rapids vs Elk River, Voting Starts November 16th
Minneapolis vs Thief River Falls, Voting Starts November 23rd
South St. Paul vs Bemidji, Voting Starts November 30th

Loon Bracket
St. Paul vs Maplewood, Voting Starts December 7th
Duluth vs Baudette, Voting Starts December 14th
Coleraine vs Burnsville, Voting Starts December 21st
Roseau vs Twig, Voting Starts December 28th

Round 2 voting runs from January 4th thru February 22nd
Round 3 voting runs from March 1st thru March 22nd
Round 4 voting runs from March 29th thru April 1st
Final Round voting starts April 2nd
Winner to be announced on Friday, April 10th at Xcel Energy Center at final Wild home game
Back to top Go down
http://www.hockeyfanfaceoff.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:55 am

Interesting... Moorhead will crush hastings in the voting. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:20 am

Gotta go with Morehead....although those Spuds are certainly accustomed to finishing in 2nd place!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:21 am

MuckandGrind wrote:
Gotta go with Morehead....although those Spuds are certainly accustomed to finishing in 2nd place!! Laughing
VERY TRUE, but at least they've been there a few times... can't even remember the last time Hastings has... if they ever have to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:01 pm

Isn't Minnesota the State of Hockey?
Isn't St. Paul the capital of Minnesota?

By that simple logic, isn't St. Paul the capital of the State of Hockey? Razz

Last edited by Velmeran on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:06 pm

Velmeran wrote:

But that simple logic, isn't St. Paul the capital of the State of Hockey? Razz

I agree....In all seriousness, St. Paul hosts the NHL team and the State HS tourney....and it SHOULD be the site of the US Hockey HOF.....I still don't understand why they are still trying to make it work in Eveleth...Put it next to the X in St. Paul and you would get a lot more people visiting and making contributions to improve it.
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:10 pm

MuckandGrind wrote:
Velmeran wrote:

I agree....In all seriousness, St. Paul hosts the NHL team and the State HS tourney....and it SHOULD be the site of the US Hockey HOF.....I still don't understand why they are still trying to make it work in Eveleth...Put it next to the X in St. Paul and you would get a lot more people visiting and making contributions to improve it.
I'd visit the US HHoF if it was in St. Paul, or really anywhere closer to the metro; as it stands Eveleth is just too far of a drive for me to make simply to see the US HHoF.
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:12 pm

Velmeran wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:
Velmeran wrote:

I'd visit the US HHoF if it was in St. Paul, or really anywhere closer to the metro; as it stands Eveleth is just too far of a drive for me to make simply to see the US HHoF.

Plus, it seems as though it's closed every time I drive though Eveleth. So I couldn't stop and visit even if I wanted to.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:35 pm

I totally agree with moving the US HHoF down to the cities (and connected to the Xcel center.) I understand WHY they have it up north, but at the same time they really should set that aside for a "Minnesota Hockey Hall of Fame" since most of the connection up there is only with Minnesota hockey.
Back to top Go down
Beer

Beer

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:17 pm

:sarcasm: No Rosemount? Oh c'mon! :/sarcasm:

TaLoN wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:
VERY TRUE, but at least they've been there a few times... can't even remember the last time Hastings has... if they ever have to begin with.

Hastings was there, I believe, in 1999 when Jeff Taffe was there and got 2nd place to Roseau. Otherwise I think that's the only time they've been there.
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:29 pm

Beer wrote:

TaLoN wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:

Hastings was there, I believe, in 1999 when Jeff Taffe was there and got 2nd place to Roseau. Otherwise I think that's the only time they've been there.

Yep, I think Dan Welch was on that Hastings team as well.....
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Beer wrote:

TaLoN wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Moorhead still wins the vote by a landslide then. Wink
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:56 pm

It's a shame what has become of Eveleth.
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:06 pm

MuckandGrind wrote:
Beer wrote:

TaLoN wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:

Hasting actually got crushed by Blaine in '99. I believe like 7-0
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Marlowe Syn wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:
Beer wrote:

TaLoN wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:

Blaine should be pretty good this year, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Beer

Beer

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Marlowe Syn wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:
Beer wrote:

TaLoN wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:

I just looked it up and they actually went to state in 2000 and 2001 as well. In 2000 they lost to Blaine 4-3 in the semifinals.

Blaine won it all that year by destroying Duluth East 6-0 in the championship.

But, in 99 they lost to Roseau.

State Tournament history
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:49 pm

Man I could've sworn it was Hastings in the championship. Ahh well live and learn. Obviously scotch is not a memory enhancer
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:34 pm

MuckandGrind wrote:
They're good like, every year. That doesn't mean they will get anywhere come State Tourney time, they always choke! Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? Choke
Back to top Go down
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Elk River FTW!!! (it's where I graduated) Cool

(Also the home of Paul Martin, Dan Hinote and Joel Otto) cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.hockeyfanfaceoff.com
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:09 am

FTR I hate this thread and everything it's cheap gimmickyness represents...
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:10 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
FTR I hate this thread and everything it's cheap gimmickyness represents...
Actually, you likely hate this thread because you don't have any real input you can provide to it. Razz
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:25 am

Like I ever provide real input to anything!

Seriously though, I hate gimmicks. (The Canucks' 7th jersey thing that didnt last for instance...)
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:31 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
Like I ever provide real input to anything!

Seriously though, I hate gimmicks. (The Canucks' 7th jersey thing that didnt last for instance...)
Is it a gimmick? Yes. Will is work in Minnesota? Yes. Why? We love to take any opportunity we can to talk High School Hockey, as it's such a great tradition, and this in the end, is just another reason to do so! hockey2
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:24 am

TaLoN wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:
They're good like, every year. That doesn't mean they will get anywhere come State Tourney time, they always choke! Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? Choke

It's been a long time since they had a player like Bjugstad...He had a good tournament last year as a sophmore, I think he'll have a dominating year and the Bengals have a good shot at winning it all.

If you want to talk about teams that always choke in the Tournament, you need to be talking about White Bear Lake and Morehead.
Back to top Go down
Fargocase

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:37 am

Moorhead has three guys in the NHL and a couple in the AHL. End of story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?   Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild.com Asks: Which City is the Capital of The State of Hockey?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next