Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

State High School Hockey Tournament

Go down 
+5
00Xtremeninja
KillerCarlson
zamboni14
cehnehdeh
TaLoN
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

State High School Hockey Tournament Empty
PostSubject: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:48 am

Section 1AA - Lakeville North
Section 2AA - Edina
Section 3AA - Apple Valley
Section 4AA - Hill Murray
Section 5AA - Blaine
Section 6AA - Minnetonka
Section 7AA - Duluth East
Section 8AA - Roseau

What are your predictions for the top 4 seeds?

Here's my guess...
1-Minnetonka
2-Edina
3-Blaine
4-Hill Murray
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:23 am

Apple Valley
Blaine
Duluth East
Edina

(I used a VERY scientific method)
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:32 am

Yeah, well... I meant for those who know what the hell they're talking about. Razz
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:46 am

1- Tonka
2- Hill-Murry
3- Edina
4- Blaine

the next question is who gets the first round "bye" and plays Lakeville?
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:49 am

That's what I hate about the random draw for the final 4 positions. They should just seed all 8 and be done with it.

BTW the reason I have Hill 4th, Blaine beat Hill this year, and Edina beat Blaine twice...
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:25 am

I wouldn't bet on Edina to beat Blaine a 3rd time. Although I never would've bet on Lakeville North beating Lakeville South...so who knows.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 3:16 am

Never said you had to bet on it, just saying you have to give the Hornets credit for it.

Hill Murray also gets hurt vs Blaine and Edina when it comes to strength of schedule...
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:04 pm

Bracket is set...

Morning Session
#2 Edina vs Roseau
#3 Blaine vs Apple Valley

Evening Session
#1 Minnetonka vs Lakeville North
#4 Hill Murray vs Duluth East
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:12 pm

GO HORLICK!!

..wait..

fuck.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Is Bjugstad playing in this tourney if yes then i'm going for the team he's on because you know predict who i want the Wild to pick this year.

Anywho, being stuck in the prehestoric land here we don't get to watch the state tourney can't wait till next year its some of my favorite hockey.

The only team i don't really want to win is Edina, why? no clue

Also the Big 9 SEMN conferance where i think Lakeville is from is bad, I wish the Rochester schools would combine talent to make 1 great team and 1 good team rather then 4 piss poor ones, yes Century Mayo JM(went here) and Lourdes i'm talking to you.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:30 pm

Bjugstad plays for Blaine. I'm not against drafting him but I'd like to see some more scouting reports on a bunch of these guys before I commit to anyone. I mean 6-40 for forwards is a crapshoot depending on the rankings you look at, excluding of course the Russians who we will likely pass on because they are Russian.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:21 pm

lolwat wrote:
Bjugstad plays for Blaine. I'm not against drafting him but I'd like to see some more scouting reports on a bunch of these guys before I commit to anyone. I mean 6-40 for forwards is a crapshoot depending on the rankings you look at, excluding of course the Russians who we will likely pass on because they are Russian.

the bonus he has going for him is that he participated at the Wild Skills competition, now i know it ain't much but it gave the coaching staff and the gmstaff an extra look at him.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:59 am

forthewild wrote:
Also the Big 9 SEMN conferance where i think Lakeville is from is bad, I wish the Rochester schools would combine talent to make 1 great team and 1 good team rather then 4 piss poor ones, yes Century Mayo JM(went here) and Lourdes i'm talking to you.

Incorrect, Lakeville North is in the Lake Conference along with Jefferson, Eden Praire, Apple Valley, Kennedy, Burnsville, Chaska, Chanhassen, Eagan, Eastview, Lakeville South and Rosemount.

Where their competition sucks is in Section 1AA... that's where the Rochester schools are in play with them.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:20 am

Minnesota State Tournament Preview and Predictions

Minnesota State Boys Hockey Tournament Preview and Predictions

Written by Derek Felska
Saturday, 06 March 2010 20:46

March is a time that basketball fans covet as teams ready themselves to play in the NCAA tournament as they battle to be a part of the Final Four. Yet, as a hockey fan I could careless who wins the Final Four let alone which college programs make the tournament. As a Minnesotan, March is all about State High School Boys Hockey Tournament, the largest and most publicized event of its kind in the entire world. The tournament which starts Wednesday and lasts until Saturday is a showcase of some of the best young hockey talent in the State of Hockey. The games are intense, the drama is incredible and the ending is usually somewhere between epic and incredible. I can still remember it as if it was yesterday, watching the legendary Apple Valley / Duluth East Semifinal game in 1996, that featured tourney legend, Duluth East's Dave Spehar and Apple Valley's stud Erik Westrum. In a game that would go down in the ages as perhaps the greatest state tournament game ever it was a 5 overtime marathon (which started at 8PM and did not end until after 1AM) before Apple Valley finally broke the stalemate to earn their way to the final game where they completed their jouney with a state title. If you love a good adrenaline rush and action that puts you on the edge of your seat it doesn't get any better than this tournament.

The tournament often serves as a great first look for future NHL'ers as players like T.J. Oshie, Erik Johnson, Blake Wheeler, Matt Cullen, Paul Martin, Phil Housley, Darby Hendrickson, Mark Stuart, Mark Parrish, Neal Broten, Tom Kurvers, Jon Casey and Jamie Langenbrunner just to name a few. Yet its not always the players with the most prolific professional careers that shine the brightest in the tournament, as some of the biggest names of the tournament John Mayasich, Mike Antonovich, Henry Boucha, Johnny Pohl, Scott Bjugstad, Tim Sheehy, and the aforementioned Dave Spehar. Coaches like Tom Saterdalen and Willard Ikola became coaching legends as their teams racked up an impressive score of state titles. Now young hockey players all over the state of hockey dream of qualifying for the state tournament and traveling to the Xcel Energy Center with a chance to play for a state title and being apart of the lore that makes it so special. It should be noted that while broadcasters love to mention the Wild's sellout streak (which will extend to 400 consecutive games on Sunday, the 3rd longest sellout streak in NHL history at this point) the next most mentioned thing is the 100+ high school jerseys which decorate the walls of the arena. Former North Stars General Manager, Lou Nanne (who has been been apart of the State Tournament broadcast as an analyst since the 1970's) once mentioned in an interview that the TV contract for the Minnesota State Boys Hockey Tournament was the same as the entire yearly broadcast contract of the North Stars! Think its just a simple little tourney? Think again. The tournament regularly sells out and its safe to say that over a 100,000 fans will attend these games and many thousands of Minnesotans will sit down to watch the action on TV at home. (click on the link for the rest of the article)

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:23 am

Chanhassen? Huh? There is no Chanhassen High School as far as I know. Lakeville North by the way is the Original Lakeville HS from years ago. Also, Eden Prairie won't be there next year, they're going to move to the Classic Lake with Edina, Minnetonka and Wayzata.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:23 am

Ah all i know is one of the lakeville schools plays vs the big 9, tho i really do wish Rochester would field a good team, my tryout year we had 38 kids try out for the JV and V teams, one kid was cut because well he couldn't skate it was pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:42 am

Pretty sure that Chanhassen recently (within the past couple years) got their own high school and joined the Lake...they also have a private high school called Holy Family too.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:51 am

KillerCarlson wrote:
Chanhassen? Huh? There is no Chanhassen High School as far as I know.

Really?

Did you not notice the link I provided to the Lake Conference's Website in that previous post of mine?

forthewild wrote:
Ah all i know is one of the lakeville schools plays vs the big 9, tho i really do wish Rochester would field a good team, my tryout year we had 38 kids try out for the JV and V teams, one kid was cut because well he couldn't skate it was pathetic.
As far as I know, there is only 2 Lakeville High Schools, and they both currently play in the Lake Conference.

In section tournaments though, they both end up in Section 1AA which the big 9 all end up in as well. BY FAR the weakest section in the state.

KillerCarlson wrote:
Also, Eden Prairie won't be there next year, they're going to move to the Classic Lake with Edina, Minnetonka and Wayzata.
Actually, Eden Prairie is staying put in the Lake Conference, but the Classic Lake schools are moving to the Lake, and the rest of the Lake is creating a new Conference called the South Suburban Conference.

The Lake next year will consist of Eden Prairie, Edina, Hopkins, Minnetonka, and Wayzata.

South Suburban Conference will consist of Apple Valley, Bloomington Jefferson, Bloomington Kennedy, Burnsville, Eagan, Eastview, Lakeville North, Lakeville South, Prior Lake and Rosemount

Both Chaska and Chanhassen are moving to the Missota Conference next year, which currently consists of Holy Angels, Farmington, Hutchinson, New Prague, Northfield, Red Wing and Shakopee.

Last edited by TaLoN on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 am

Maybe they changed it in the last few years i graduated in 2004 wow thats a long time ago and in that one lakeville south i think it was played for the championship.

And as KC has said, this is some of the best hockey to watch, i've been to a live game way back when Gine Guyer was a high school hockey superstar. Can't wait to take my boys to some of those games.

also i'm going to leave this here agree or disagree

high school hockey > basketball at any level
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:35 am

Absolutely! I'm definately going to be in house for the AA semifinal session on Friday! There are some absolute intriguing possibilities for matchups that night! Wink
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:58 am

Oh, and for those who are unfamiliar with the Roseau Rams this year... just a little FYI - there is a familiar name on their roster... Broten.

Chase Broten is a 2nd cousin of "The" Brotens that went through the school oh so many years ago (He's Shawn Broten's son, who is obviously Neal's cousin). He's a Freshman forward for the Rams, but doesn't have a very big role on this year's team. You have to have faith in his future considering the pedigree and the fact that he's already 5'9" as a Frosh.
(And BTW - he wear's #7... go figure...)
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:47 pm

TaLoN wrote:
Oh, and for those who are unfamiliar with the Roseau Rams this year... just a little FYI - there is a familiar name on their roster... Broten.

Chase Broten is a 2nd cousin of "The" Brotens that went through the school oh so many years ago (He's Shawn Broten's son, who is obviously Neal's cousin). He's a Freshman forward for the Rams, but doesn't have a very big role on this year's team. You have to have faith in his future considering the pedigree and the fact that he's already 5'9" as a Frosh.
(And BTW - he wear's #7... go figure...)

2014 with the first round pick MN selects Chase Broten

2015 Broten named Conn Smythe as he hoists the cup

don't mean to put pressure on you but get it done
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:38 pm

Don't forget Farmington in that section either!! Razz Speaking of, I think our hockey team has lost in sections to Lakeville North three years in a row or something like that..

Oh and isn't Hutchinson leaving the conference pretty soon here? Things are certainly shuffling up that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Chanhassen wasn't there when I student taught. I don't remember hearing of them until right now. The South Suburban Conference...yawn...pretty weak. Eagan will dominate in hockey, which is fine by me since I am good friends with the coach (since he is who I student taught with). Hutchinson leaving the Missota right? Where would they go? Into a conference with Litchfield Dassel/Cokato and New Ulm??
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:19 pm

Yep, although I'm not entirely sure what that conference is named? I just know I heard they were going to the conf. that Glencoe/Silver Lake is in and that is the one....also has Orono, Waconia, Watertown, etc. It makes sense...I'm surprised they lasted this long in a conference where every opponent is at least an hour and a half away pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

State High School Hockey Tournament
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next