Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

State High School Hockey Tournament

Go down 
+5
00Xtremeninja
KillerCarlson
zamboni14
cehnehdeh
TaLoN
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:25 pm

WOW another for Duluth! This is nuts!
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:25 pm

What a shot!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:26 pm

Duluth re-takes the lead! Only seconds left in the period... 3 goals in 44 seconds!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:28 pm

After 1 Period...
State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 Hillmurray_complete2 2 - 3 State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 Duluth-EAST-Greyhound

Duluth was pretty much in complete control until there was under 1:15 left in the period... two lightning quick goals tied it up... looked like Hill was going to pull out the improbable tie game for the period after getting completely out played most of the way... but Duluth responded with one quick one themselves, to keep the lead after 1.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:42 pm

Wow, Hill ties it up immediately in the 3rd... this game's incredible scoring pace continues!

3-3!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 pm

Hill with ANOTHER! Right off an offensive zone faceoff!

4-3 Hill lead!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:00 am

Jeneatta again flashing the glove!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:14 am

After 2 Periods...
State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 Hillmurray_complete2 4 - 3 State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 Duluth-EAST-Greyhound

Hill with two quick goals in the period to take the lead, then the entire game completely evened out. Neither team has had much of an edge... this is a very back and forth game though... end to end action!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:39 am

Walsh buries it in the wide open net... beautiful play by the Pioneers... 5-3.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:59 am

State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 Hillmurray_complete2 5 - 3 State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 Duluth-EAST-Greyhound
Final

Credit to Hill for the win, but the Grey Hounds outplayed them all game long. If Hill plays like this tomorrow night, the Skippers will route them...
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:02 am

Semifinals are set! Going to be more fun Hockey tomorrow night!

6pm Matchup...
State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 49a1d9f0-198b-488c-ae50-94615f8f0ecb VS State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 Blocks_image_10_1

8pm Matchup...
State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 1230266 VS State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 Hillmurray_complete2

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'll be at the X for these games tomorrow. Wink
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:22 am

I would give up half a left testicle to see those games in person, i'll just have to wait till next year edina vs tonka

tonka champs

bjugstad and kreider taken by mn in 1st and 2nd rounds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 5:01 am

actually... I'd rather take a pass on Bjugstad then draft him. Based on what I saw (again only the 2nd time I saw them) I don't think he should have been the metro player of the year NOR should he be Mr. Hockey.

I do think that the semi's should be a great set of games. Very good matchup possibilities. Could Edina's depth be a key to victory (not having the top line out for 3 minutes at the end when they are already gassed) or will the red hot AV goalie win it? Will the real HM team please stand up, or will 'Tonka shut em down no matter who shows up?
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:48 am

zamboni14 wrote:
actually... I'd rather take a pass on Bjugstad then draft him. Based on what I saw (again only the 2nd time I saw them) I don't think he should have been the metro player of the year NOR should he be Mr. Hockey.

I do think that the semi's should be a great set of games. Very good matchup possibilities. Could Edina's depth be a key to victory (not having the top line out for 3 minutes at the end when they are already gassed) or will the red hot AV goalie win it? Will the real HM team please stand up, or will 'Tonka shut em down no matter who shows up?
You and I have agreed a lot when it comes to HS players in the past, but not this time. Bjugstad has earned all the praise he's been given. Every player who puts on skates will have a bad or a non-stand out game on occasion. His combination of size and skill make him extremely promising IMO.

Do I want the Wild to take him? Can't comment until I see who else is available where the Wild end up picking... but I sure as hell won't say "don't take him at all" at this point. I think he's definitely got a pro-career in his future.

His ranking among North American Skaters was 12th in the mid-term in January for a reason.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:55 pm

TaLoN wrote:
zamboni14 wrote:

You and I have agreed a lot when it comes to HS players in the past, but not this time. Bjugstad has earned all the praise he's been given. Every player who puts on skates will have a bad or a non-stand out game on occasion. His combination of size and skill make him extremely promising IMO.

Do I want the Wild to take him? Can't comment until I see who else is available where the Wild end up picking... but I sure as hell won't say "don't take him at all" at this point. I think he's definitely got a pro-career in his future.

His ranking among North American Skaters was 12th in the mid-term in January for a reason.

well if he drops to the 3rd round, of course you take a flyer on him at that point (even if he lasts into the 2nd round, I wouldn't be upset.) But as for first round... I'd pass him over for some one else. As I've said, I only saw him in two games this year (which I will agree doesn't mean I've had a good look at him,) and both times he was virtually shut down completely (but then who doesn't 'Tonka shut down these days?)

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't TOTALLY disagree with him being ranked that high (these scouts see a lot more games then I do) but I'm just not sold on him.

Side note; Blaine lost to Roseau 7-5 in the losers bracket (did I not say Blaine had no prayer this year of winning state this year?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok Hermantown/Mahti... DAMN! What a game that was! (Won't say the score incase some one is taping it... yes I said "taping" and not DVR... I'm old fashion that way.)
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Sitting 4 rows behind Apple Valley's bench.

Pretty good first period, Apple Valley is playing solid minus Leong's blown tire allowing Edina's goal.

One again Gretz is playing outstanding in goal for the Eagles. Shots lean heavy in Edina's favor, but the Eagles don't look overmatched.

The best line on the ice is Apple Valley's Berens-Michaelson-Fasching line. Edina's strength is just plain solid depth.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:27 pm

What a shot short side!!! My god! 2-0 Edina!
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:40 pm

that was an amazing shortie on the short side. No prayer on making that save.

hey TaLoN, were you there for the class A games as well?
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Absolutely a tough break for the Eagles. Fasching's line had completely taken the game over... the Taft comes down and scored on an impossible shot!

Edina is up 2-0, but other than Taft's impossible goal... the better chances were all by the Eagles. Girard made a huge save on a beautiful shot by Michaelson...
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:46 pm

No, only at the evening session...
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:24 pm

You have to feel for the Eagles after that one. They played their hearts out. For most of the game they were actually the better team on the ice.

It all came down to that tough break in the 2dn period. Considering their age though, they may be back next year, one more year with Gretz in goal gives them a shot.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:21 pm

After 1... No surprise the Skippers have been in complete control... minus 1 fluke bounce off the top of the net that allowed the Pioneers to tie it up.

All that will accomplish, is delaying the inevitable.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:11 am

Hill definitely controll most of the that period with their speed. Tonka had a hard time setting up their forcheck much of the way.. but you could start to see their game improving towards the end.

I think the fact that Hill's only weapon is it's speed will ultimately be their end since the Skippers have so much size and depth. I don't think the pioneers will have the legs to keep this pace.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:49 am

Tonka in control, but Hill almost stole it... Kruger with the save of the game.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:03 am

Who turned on this game on? Wow from both teams in OT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State High School Hockey Tournament   State High School Hockey Tournament - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

State High School Hockey Tournament
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next