Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!

Go down 
+4
OldTimeHockey
00Xtremeninja
TaLoN
Kevin W
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:56 am

ahahahahaha, or what about that goalie that jumped and put his head down to stop a puck
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:03 pm

well harding lets in 5 goals too..........hmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:08 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
well harding lets in 5 goals too..........hmmmmmmm
You're kidding right? Hackett let in 5 goals....and he looked better than Backstrom did the other night.

Darby has already cast his spell on the team. I think it was Almond who took a hard shot while going down on one knee. Looked VERY familiar. Laughing
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:41 pm

sorry i just saw the score on my ticker i got on firefox, i didn't see Harding has some injury stuff going on
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:58 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
sorry i just saw the score on my ticker i got on firefox, i didn't see Harding has some injury stuff going on
He started the game, but then had a nice Blues' player crash and land on his leg. He couldn't put any weight on his leg as they slowly helped him off the ice. It didn't look good at all. It's his knee....and Richards said it's a ligament. There's a VERY good chance that Harding could be out long, long, long, LONG term if not the whole season.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 12:45 am

yeah i would say if it is a ligament and knee we're prolly looking at ACL. hope one of our houston guys is ready
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:22 am

i hope Khudobin is as good as he looked last year
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Russo Tweet:
Quote :
1-1 after 2, #flyers and #mnwild; Wild had tons of offensive-zone time on last PP, but they danced the zone instead of looking at net

Soooooo.............same shit, different year, eh?

BTW, Harding is done. Now who do we bring in to light a fire under Backstrom's ass? Let's get Manny back. Let them battle it out AND revive the goalie threads. cheers
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:12 pm

No, let's bring in a new face, not an old one we all got sick of the first time around...
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:33 pm

We're gonna take the smiling Russian from the Aeros. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Great! Now Burns may be hurt. Season hasn't even started yet, and guys are dropping like flies.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:48 pm

Any more details?
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:50 pm

On Burns? He went to check a guy into the bench, and ended up on his ass. Got up slowly, apparently sat on the bench for a brief time, and then left.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:56 pm

Hope it's not a concussion!
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:10 pm

That was my initial thought too! But here's the latest from Russo....

Quote :
Burns looks like left hip; he fell awkwardly according to Richards and his leg went numb; walking fine after gm; Richards isn't worried
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Whew! That's good news. Must've pinched a nerve or something when he fell.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:13 pm

Minnesota Pre-Season vs. Philly and Montreal Preview...

Wild Pre-season: Better effort with similar result in 3-2 shootout loss to Philadelphia

Written by Derek Felska
Sunday, 26 September 2010 14:24

Before I start, I'm going to make a confession. I think I may have a good idea how the Wild feel right now. I have made a few references to it before, but I coach high school football in Wisconsin and sort of like the Wild's pre-season thus far it has not gone as I had hoped. So far the team I coach is 0-5, and before you say "Geez, this guy writes as well as he apparently coaches football!" but unless you've coached at that level yourself I will be as polite as I can be when I say you have no clue what the challenges are in that endeavor. The Minnesota Wild are currently 0-3 in pre-season as they go to Montreal to face the Canadiens this evening. The challenges are somewhat the same; dealing with new personnel, having to weather the storm of injuries, and of course the near constant preparation for your next opponent. In pre-season you have youngsters and journeyman players fighting for the last few spots on the team. That can mean great chasms of inconsistency but it is important in the process of developing chemistry between players. High school football is very much the same, especially during your first few games, in non-conference play where the games do not seem quite as crucial. Its about finding the guys who can make a particular unit (whether it be defense, or penalty kill, etc) work the best. However, what happens after you try combination after combination of players and you're still not liking what you see? At the high school level, there really isn't much you can do. The guys you got are the only guys you have available and you have to make due with whoever you have, but in the pro's you have a little flexibility to add or deal away players. You don't get to trade when your in high school, no waiver wire either. So after losing a few games, you begin to get worried. You watch the film and examine the mistakes and do your best to correct them. As a coach you hope those fixes take hold and the team is rewarded with a victory. Yet what do you say after you've managed to score just 4 goals in 3 games like the Wild have in pre-season? The games don't count but is it a sign of something worse? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

Enjoy...
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:59 pm

i honestly am not going to sit and flip out over preaseason. sure it sucks to see we are losing games, but once it gets into crunch time, then it will be more valuable. REALLY bummed to see Harding go down, but hopefully Borat will be able to come up and make an impact for us.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:30 am

00Xtremeninja wrote:
i honestly am not going to sit and flip out over preaseason. sure it sucks to see we are losing games, but once it gets into crunch time, then it will be more valuable. REALLY bummed to see Harding go down, but hopefully Borat will be able to come up and make an impact for us.
You really think this guy can stop a puck?

Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 Borat_cannes_2
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:48 am

Speaking of that suit...I heard Valencia wore that for rookie dress up day the other day.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:59 am

that honestly looks painted on more so then an actual what ever it is.

given that we dressed 5dman tonight, and had 5 shots through first 2 periods, and gave up like 80 shots, tonight wasn't too bad, Borat might be able to do the backup role for us.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!   Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk PRESEASON HOCKEY!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2