Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Boogaard Out with a Concussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

Boogaard Out with a Concussion Empty
PostSubject: Boogaard Out with a Concussion   Boogaard Out with a Concussion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:21 pm

From Russo...

Boogaard out with concussion; Wild free ticket offer
Posted on September 23rd, 2009 – 3:45 PM
By Michael Russo

Good afternoon. Just got back from Tom Reid’s Hockey City Pub, where if you haven’t been there for awhile, they’ve got a great lunch salad bar. Might be the best deal in town (and this isn’t even a paid endorsement). Smile

As mentioned on the earlier blog, Derek Boogaard is out indefinitely with a concussion. Coach Todd Richards thinks in the Columbus exhibition game that Boogaard was nailed in the chin with a stick after a check. Concussions are unpredictable, and Richards said the Wild doesn’t know yet the extent of Boogaard’s injury. He said it could be a week or two, could be a month or two.

If Boogaard misses the start of the season, the fighting will likely fall onto 6-foot-8 defenseman John Scott. I wrote a story on Scott for Thursday’s paper, which I highly recommend. Scott’s a character, and he told a couple really funny anecdotes about Jacques Lemaire and Mario Tremblay.

I mentioned this on the blog before, but injured Mikko Koivu, Andrew Brunette, Craig Weller and James Sheppard practiced today, but only Sheppard will play Thursday against the St. Louis Blues.

Petr Sykora (ankle), Pierre-Marc Bouchard (ill), Shane Hnidy (groin) and Benoit Pouliot (groin) didn’t practice and won’t play.

Tickets remain for Thursday’s game, including $26 upper-bowl tickets.

Also, fans who bring a new or used hockey equipment item to donate will receive a voucher redeemable at the arena box office for a lower-level Wild game ticket for any home game between Oct. 6 and Dec. 31.

Included among the regulars scheduled to play Thursday are Martin Havlat, Brent Burns, Cal Clutterbuck, Kim Johnsson and Eric Belanger. Goalie Niklas Backstrom is expected to play 60 minutes.

Also, I think I mentioned earlier, but Wade Dubielewicz and Duncan Milroy cleared waivers and were assigned to AHL Houston.

As that Barenaked Ladies’ song, ‘Some Fantastic’ goes, “Bye-Bye, Bye-Bye, Bye-Bye, Bye-Bye, Bye-Bye, Bye-Bye, Bye-Bye,Bye-Bye,Bye-Bye,Bye-Bye,Bye-Bye,Bye-Bye,Bye-Bye,Bye-Bye,.”

I think the next line is “Self respect,” so scrap that. Adios
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Boogaard Out with a Concussion   Boogaard Out with a Concussion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:44 pm

everyone is injured geez, I don't mind losing boogaard though. maybe he is out for a long, long time santa
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Boogaard Out with a Concussion   Boogaard Out with a Concussion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:53 pm

timotheuzi wrote:
everyone is injured geez, I don't mind losing boogaard though. maybe he is out for a long, long time santa
Agreed, he won't be missed.
Back to top Go down
BackStopBabe

BackStopBabe

PostSubject: Re: Boogaard Out with a Concussion   Boogaard Out with a Concussion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:57 pm

Glad Backs will be on the ice for a bit
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Boogaard Out with a Concussion   Boogaard Out with a Concussion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:22 pm

psssssst

I've always wanted to do that, but never got a chance on the old boards, someone always beat me to it
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Boogaard Out with a Concussion   Boogaard Out with a Concussion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Velmeran wrote:
psssssst

I've always wanted to do that, but never got a chance on the old boards, someone always beat me to it
Oh well, shit happens. geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boogaard Out with a Concussion   Boogaard Out with a Concussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boogaard Out with a Concussion
Page 1 of 1