Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Talk Boogaard

Go down 
+8
Jagged Ice
TaLoN
mplspug
cehnehdeh
Kevin W
Wild_State_of_Hockey
lolwat
00Xtremeninja
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Let's Talk Boogaard Empty
PostSubject: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:10 am

I know we are all high right now with a nice Wild win over a very good team, but in observation tonight, I noticed some things with Boogaard. Yeah he was out there checking like he always does, but did tonight seem like he was making more of a presence known in the offensive area. When I first saw the lines of Boogie-Shep-Nolan, I thought it was going to be a disaster, but it surprisingly worked well. Derek made maybe one or two mistakes with the puck, but he also had a few chances to tap it in and was doing a nice job screening Ludqvist.

If given the right coaching and training (he has a lot to work on with his hands and gaining a little more speed in his legs) could he be more than just an enforcer on the 4th line? Like if he had a chance to work with Bruno and do a role like him. Bruno is awesome at camping out in front of the crease and chipping away. I would love to see that work for Boogie, camp out, setup some screens and try to chip it in.

I know he is not loved by as many people anymore, but I think with some of the small glimpses he showed tonight there could be a small amount of hope for him to put more than just 1 goal every other year in the net.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 2:45 am

-1 in all but one of his games, benched in basically all of them for at least a time-frame of 10 minutes. He is simply put not an NHL player, I'd rate him the 2nd worst hockey player in the NHL(McIntyre or w.e from Edmonton the one worse). Waste of roster/cap space, wouldn't want him even on a 2-way contract.
Back to top Go down
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 3:14 am

lolwat wrote:
-1 in all but one of his games, benched in basically all of them for at least a time-frame of 10 minutes. He is simply put not an NHL player, I'd rate him the 2nd worst hockey player in the NHL(McIntyre or w.e from Edmonton the one worse). Waste of roster/cap space, wouldn't want him even on a 2-way contract.

x10. How this tower of uselessness makes $1,000,000 per year to suck (by NHL standards) playing hockey is beyond me. loco
Back to top Go down
http://www.hockeyfanfaceoff.com
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:25 pm

Boogaard > Most. Get your minds right.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:37 pm

i knew those would be the majority of responses, but i guess i am asking if you guys see some potential (with training and practicing) that he could be an effective big guy in front of the goalies
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:39 pm

Nope, he'll NEVER be a Bufyglien-type player.
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 3:02 pm

That line looked surprisingly good tonight. It probably works because they are all about the same speed.....slow. He's more valuable than people will give him credit for, but I wish he was drawing more penalties like he used to like when he had 3 guys go after him in Edmonton that one game.

It is too bad that he cannot control the puck and goes down pretty easy for a big guy.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:51 pm

i guess i keep holding onto the little bit of him that i like and seeing last nights performance gave me a slight bit of hope he could be more of an offensive threat, albeit a tiny one.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 7:23 pm

He played well last night, I agree... but don't get used to it, he's not an NHL player.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 7:27 pm

heh, like i said, was more so hoping that he could because i do like the guy and would like to see him do well.
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:28 pm

TaLoN wrote:
He played well last night, I agree... but don't get used to it, he's not an NHL player.
So he played well last night, but he is not an NHL player? He was playing for the Wild, right? The Wild are an NHL team, right? Just checking.

A few years ago I guarantee you teams would have Boogie in their head before taking the ice. That is a good thing. However lately, he hasn't been dropping the gloves or driving the other team crazy like he used to. Granted he has been hurt and out of the lineup, but that's what I want him to get back to.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:30 pm

mplspug wrote:
TaLoN wrote:
So he played well last night, but he is not an NHL player? He was playing for the Wild, right? The Wild are an NHL team, right? Just checking.

A few years ago I guarantee you teams would have Boogie in their head before taking the ice. That is a good thing. However lately, he hasn't been dropping the gloves or driving the other team crazy like he used to. Granted he has been hurt and out of the lineup, but that's what I want him to get back to.
You are confusing fact with opinion. Of course by FACT he is a player in the NHL, but when I say he is not an NHL player, I mean I do not think his caliber of play on average is good enough for an NHL rink.

IMO enforcers like him should be run out of the league, as I'd rather see players who can actually play the game do the fighting as well.
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:33 pm

Fuck that. I'd rather go back to bench clearing brawls and no helmets when hockey had something no other sport had. Back then, you did have to be able to play hockey AND fight. People like you have really pussified the league.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:38 pm

mplspug wrote:
Fuck that. I'd rather go back to bench clearing brawls and no helmets when hockey had something no other sport had. Back then, you did have to be able to play hockey AND fight. People like you have really pussified the league.
I'd love to get back to the bench clearing brawl days, as you didn't have non-hockey players doing the fighting! You and I seem to want the same thing, only you feel like Boogaard has a place... I'd rather have guys like Willie Plett!
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:39 pm

Microwaving popcorn
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Boogaard's only value is to jersey sales to people who want to think they are bad asses. Don't get me wrong, Boogy is a class guy out and about but his value on the ice is nil.
He used to draw penalties but that was it. He is not a good enough skater to be in the NHL and his hands are like stone so he's not effective in front of the net except for his size.

But if money talks and bullshit walks he must sell a ton of jerseys.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:07 pm

look, i found some rare footage of Boogaard when Richards told him he was going to be benched earlier this year.

Let's Talk Boogaard 1186699737641
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:32 am

Man, he even kicked Bob Mason's head into a face plant.

I agree he isn't doing what he did in the past and needs to start doing more than taking up a roster spot. I think part of it is teams learn how to avoid issues they have had with him in the past. There have been plenty of games where teams have sat their enforcer when playing us in order to avoid a let down seeing their guy get pummeled. Also, Boogie has been a lot more disciplined.

Does anyone know how hockey lineups are set? Does the visiting team have to show their first or do both teams have to set them unaware of what the other team is doing?
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 2:43 am

He was BRILLIANT tonight in his 7 minutes of work! Caused a goal, missed an open net, got a double minor that led to a goal.

Sign him for life!
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 2:45 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
He was BRILLIANT tonight in his 7 minutes of work! Caused a goal, missed an open net, got a double minor that led to a goal.

Sign him for life!

Sad I was always hoping MacT was going to steal him from the Wild and join the Oilers, then he got fired. Don't know who will take him, hopefully CF doesn't give him an offer, I trust CF somewhat, but if he re-signs Boogaard I won't trust him anymore.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 2:50 am

cehnehdeh wrote:

Sign him for life!
Boogie hattrick > Gordie Howe hattrick
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 2:50 am

OldTimeHockey wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:

Sign him for life!
Boogie hattrick > Gordie Howe hattrick

It's this sort of thinking that makes his place on the roster make sense!
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:31 am

cehnehdeh wrote:

Sign him for life!
I think it was actually Backstrom's performance that caused a goal. If Poopsalot, Smith, Gillies or Hilbert were out there, we would have won by a field goal and a pair of touch downs for sure.

Enjoy your day, the tide will soon turn bitches.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Well whatever Pug, batting .666 would be good enough to win the World Series MVP or win the NW Division title.
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:37 pm

That was not a prediction you whore, but rather a curse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Boogaard   Let's Talk Boogaard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Boogaard
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next