Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...

Go down 
+10
cehnehdeh
Quisp
Hagendas
shmiddy
Kevin W
Marlowe Syn
Wild Fan #1
Velmeran
Jarick
MuckandGrind
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... Empty
PostSubject: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:41 pm

Just got the tweet....
Back to top Go down
Jarick

Jarick

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:47 pm

How'd he get that I wonder?

It's not a big loss skill wise, but I hope the big man gets better. Concussions are the worst and I wish them on no one...
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:48 pm

I think it's pretty well known that I'm definitely no fan of the big fella....but I don't wish injury on any one...I hope he gets well soon, then I hope we cut him. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Agree with Jarick's question; when exactly did he get it?

Doesn't look good as a fighter when you have nagging back problems and isn't this now his 2nd or 3rd concussion?
Back to top Go down
Wild Fan #1

Wild Fan #1

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:05 pm

Can't wait till his contract is off the books. I'm tired of his injuries.
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Not the way I wanted him out of the lineup.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:30 pm

Yeah...I am starting to grow weary of Boogie's injuries and such.
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Can they be playing a game with the IR?
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:29 pm

shmiddy wrote:
Can they be playing a game with the IR?
I doubt Boogie would let them play a game like this...

IMO this is a huge blow to his career.
As I said earlier how many teams want an enforcer who has suffered from back issues for a couple seasons and is now suffering from a phantom concussion?

If it was a game to get on IR, you'd think they would have picked different type of injury.
Back to top Go down
Hagendas

Hagendas

Location : In the land of 10,000 rinks but among those who don't believe so

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:34 pm

Part of me is glad he isn't in the lineup since he only plays about 3 minutes a game. Part of me also wants him to just leave so we don't have him sucking up a roster space. Part of me is wondering who is the Wilds enforcer this season or do just do without. Part of me also feels bad, I never like seeing anybody get hurt, it just happens to me too much.
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:37 pm

I'm with Muck on this one, like to see a full and quick recovery and then a get rid of him. One more roster spot that could be used on a fringe player. Boogy is not NHL talent IMO except for his fists of course.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:37 pm

As a Canucks fan this is TERRIBLE news!
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Hagendas wrote:
Part of me is glad he isn't in the lineup since he only plays about 3 minutes a game. Part of me also wants him to just leave so we don't have him sucking up a roster space. Part of me is wondering who is the Wilds enforcer this season or do just do without. Part of me also feels bad, I never like seeing anybody get hurt, it just happens to me too much.

Scott, right? He held his own with a big mean bastard the other day didn't he? He's less worthless than Boogard and will at least toss a guy out of the crease onto his ass. He can't really line up across from anyone, but maybe that's good.

Velm: that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:43 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:

Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... Schlamm
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:44 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:

Judging by our current roster, I don't see how they could let Boogaard play when healthy. Who would they take out for him, Belanger? Miettinen? There is no point in an IR game because he can have a spot as an extra, there arent several waiver-requiring players making bids to make this team. He is hurt, and it doesn't matter to the Wild. At the end of the year he is gone, and won't be missed by knowledgeable hockey fans.
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:50 pm

No doubt he'll be playing for Vancouver next year! lol!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Quisp wrote:

Why do you hate me so much?
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Quisp wrote:

Well given the 'nuck obsession with former Wild players I think it's a safe bet and arguement that they'd be interested Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... 599144
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Velmeran wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:
Quisp wrote:

Well given the 'nuck obsession with former Wild players I think it's a safe bet and arguement that they'd be interested Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... 599144

How would this line look in Vancouver:

Demitra - Chouinard - Boogaard

afro
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:22 pm

MuckandGrind wrote:
Velmeran wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:
Quisp wrote:

afro

Get real, everyone knows Demo is always hurt!

It'd have to be Park - Chouinard - Boogaard (The "PCB" line, cause I'd need PCB's to be able to watch it.)
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:37 pm

MuckandGrind wrote:

afro
cehnehdeh wrote:
Get real, everyone knows Demo is always hurt!

It'd have to be Park - Chouinard - Boogaard (The "PCB" line, cause I'd need PCB's to be able to watch it.)
Do you two have any idea how many hat tricks, let alone goals that either of those lines would score?
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:09 pm

Quote :
Good afternoon. Just got back from Tom Reid’s Hockey City Pub, where if you haven’t been there for awhile, they’ve got a great lunch salad bar. Might be the best deal in town (and this isn’t even a paid endorsement).

As mentioned on the earlier blog, Derek Boogaard is out indefinitely with a concussion. Coach Todd Richards thinks in the Columbus exhibition game that Boogaard was nailed in the chin with a stick after a check. Concussions are unpredictable, and Richards said the Wild doesn’t know yet the extent of Boogaard’s injury. He said it could be a week or two, could be a month or two.

If Boogaard misses the start of the season, the fighting will likely fall onto 6-foot-8 defenseman John Scott. I wrote a story on Scott for Thursday’s paper, which I highly recommend. Scott’s a character, and he told a couple really funny anecdotes about Jacques Lemaire and Mario Tremblay.

I mentioned this on the blog before, but injured Mikko Koivu, Andrew Brunette, Craig Weller and James Sheppard practiced today, but only Sheppard will play Thursday against the St. Louis Blues.

Petr Sykora (ankle), Pierre-Marc Bouchard (ill), Shane Hnidy (groin) and Benoit Pouliot (groin) didn’t practice and won’t play.

Tickets remain for Thursday’s game, including $26 upper-bowl tickets.

Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:24 pm

So a stick, to the cheek gave him a concussion?

Put a fork in his fighting career if that's the case he's done.
And if he can't fight... put a fork in his NHL career.

Sad and tough day for Boogie and to be a Boogie fan.
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:56 pm

Velmeran wrote:
So a stick, to the cheek gave him a concussion?

Put a fork in his fighting career if that's the case he's done.
And if he can't fight... put a fork in his NHL career.

Sad and tough day for Boogie and to be a Boogie fan.

It's hard to believe....But you're right, if true, he's toast.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:51 pm

stick to the cheek or chin did this WOW. gbye boogaard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...   Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Per Russo: Boogaard out indefinitely with concussion...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next