Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread

Go down 
+14
Quisp
DougRiser
timotheuzi
wukwinn
OldTimeHockey
Wild_State_of_Hockey
BackStopBabe
Dee Oh Cee
CJayWild
Toewser
zamboni14
Kevin W
00Xtremeninja
TaLoN
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:40 pm

I can only hope so. All those fat Williams men on the DL too.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:48 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
I was listening to a interview with Cutler earlier, he sounds nervous about playing on the frozen field. Maybe Allen will actually step up and be a pain in Cutler's ass?
Word on the field... it's actually in better condition now than it was when the Gophers beat Iowa in their last game there.

The Snow insulated it from the snap gold we had, and now they have a tarp and heaters on it. The forcast for Monday now is Mid-20's... not the sub zero temps originally feared. May even get snow!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:10 am

yeah monday afternoon is supposed to be 2-3 inches coming down. you going to the game Tal?
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:15 am

Unfortunately I gave up my tickets for this game back in Sept, as this was the only game that my Wild pack conflicted with my Vikes tickets... I chose the Wild since I have so many less Wild games to go to than I have been used to...

In hindsight, I wish I was going to the Vike's game now! I wish EVERY Vike's game was outdoors!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:20 am

right on, hopefully the people that got your tix are excited to go.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:30 am

I sure as hell hope the game will be on NFL replay... as I won't even get to see the damn thing on tv!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Vikings' punter Chris Kluwe is now bitching that the field is "unplayable" and that it is "hard as concrete".

Two things:

1. You're the punter, shut up.

2. A grown ass man with a twitter handle of @ChrisWarcraft

What a fucking loser.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:05 pm

oh Warcraft. The 93x morning show guys gave him that nickname because he is such a big videogame dork. he cracks me up because he knows he gets paid a ton of money to kick a ball
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:26 pm

Funny how Kluwe is the ONLY person saying it's unplayable...

Everyone else thought the conditions were good and will only improve by tomorrow night.

To be honest... I think he was just hoping the game would be moved indoors so he doesn't have to deal with the wind while punting to Hester.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:14 am

I knew better as a Packers fan to throw my support behind Brett Favre or the Viking for trying to help my team out.

EFF MINNESOTA.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Well, you get to see Vick run all up and down the field against us this Sunday... so I'm sure you'll enjoy that.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:01 am

Vikes Take Christian Ponder 12th overall.

Not thrilled with the pick, but don't hate it either. It looks like the Vikes got "their guy"... and when it comes to the QB position, if you think you've found the guy... you HAVE to take him! You hit a home run at that position, and you've sewn up the single most important position in the NFL for the next decade. If they think he's the next Brees/Brady, how can you hate on them for grabbing him when they could.

One thing is for sure... Spielman and Frazier just tied their future with this franchise to the success or failure of Ponder.

I hope they struck gold!

Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:20 pm

Best of luck to him. He's gonna have some growing pains for sure. I hope the Vikes take the proper time with him and help him along. It seems like they actually picked up an actual quarterback and not trying to rely on someone with incredible athletic talent but no QB knowledge (T-Jack). That other kid that played for a while looked like he could be taught some of those skills, but the organization feels otherwise.

Miami took Pouncey which I am alright with. We need help at the O-line something fierce. match him up with Long and we are getting stronger up front. Maybe with the right coaching and better protection Henne can do something this year.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:18 pm

Vikes took TE Kyle Rudolf from Notre Dame at #11 of the 2nd round.

This is a big value pick here... definitely BPA situation.

Scouts Inc. on Rudolph:

Pros: Excellent overall ball skills. Attacks the ball and consistently snatches it before it gets into his pads. He makes tough catches look easy. Is a confident, aggressive pass catcher. Will win more than his share of jump balls and does a nice job of shielding defenders with his frame. Has proven capable of plucking on the run without losing stride.

Cons: Missed the final two games in 2009 due to a shoulder injury, which required surgery in the off-season and limited him during 2010 spring practices. Played in only six games in 2010 before undergoing season-ending hamstring surgery.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:50 pm

Ponder getting the start Sunday!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:26 pm

Where he will be promptly destroyed by Clay Matthews!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:28 pm

Ponder is going to be legit for the Vikes, lots of potential coming from him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15