Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6

Go down 
+8
faribogopherguy
KillerCarlson
OldTimeHockey
cehnehdeh
Kevin W
Dee Oh Cee
forthewild
00Xtremeninja
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:08 pm

how the fuck do you miss that mittens?
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:09 pm

Because he's not a good player Razz
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:11 pm

he had Kipper faked out of his jock.

and Kipper thinks to himself "This is my olympic team mate??!?!?!"

Koivu and Backs think the same thing
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:12 pm

He just can't create on his own..and he doesn't have a good shot most of the time either...so he just has to be in the right places and get good passes to score goals.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:16 pm

he will be the sole reason the Finns only get the bronze. lol
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:19 pm

WOW what a beauty for Belanger!!!! Second beauty of a goal for him!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:20 pm

go read my post on that french fucker. I WANT MORE CONSISTENCY FROM HIM!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:21 pm

and Mittens looks at Kipper thinking "he is my olympic team mate?!?" lol
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
and Mittens looks at Kipper thinking "he is my olympic team mate?!?" lol

lol!

There's no middle ground for Kipper. He's either unbeatable or looks like a 4th string ahl goalie.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:26 pm

yeah, once he gets rattled he sucks
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:27 pm

"Miettenen with a shot and he went wide"

story of his fucking life.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Yep that would've been a beautiful play if he finished...some great passing with Zidlicky and Brunette I think..

AND WOW what a save by Kipper
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:33 pm

heh, i got all pumped too
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:29 pm

A good win for the Wild!!! Complete game...no letdowns. Did Calgary even have any time of possession?

Rematch with the Blackhawks coming up....we will see if the energy is there this time...wish I could go that one.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 am

Wild vs. Flames in-game and post-game article

Quote :
The State of Hockey News
An objective and balanced view of Minnesota Hockey

Belanger’s 600th game yields two goals and a dominating 4-1 home victory over Calgary

Two teams in seemingly opposite directions as the red hot Calgary Flames take on the stone cold Minnesota Wild this evening. Many felt the move the Flames made to add Jay Bouwmeester to its already strong blueline would allow Calgary to finally make its move as one of the Western Conference elite teams. Throw in the addition of coach Brent Sutter, the brother of Flames’ General Manager Daryl Sutter he brings a strong commitment to defense that some felt was lacking last year with ‘Iron’ Mike Keenan as the team’s bench boss. (click on the link for the rest of the article)

There is a complete in-game and post-game article as well as a nice team review of the Houston Aeros. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
faribogopherguy

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:28 am

Line of the night, courtesy of Russo's Blog: On Phaneuf, recently snubbed from Team Canada, Clutterbuck said, "I asked him how his Olympic break was going to go. [Defenseman] Johnny Scott asked him first. It’s not my joke. It’s Jonny’s. I double-used it on him.”
Back to top Go down
aRKade

aRKade

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:23 pm

faribogopherguy wrote:
Line of the night, courtesy of Russo's Blog: On Phaneuf, recently snubbed from Team Canada, Clutterbuck said, "I asked him how his Olympic break was going to go. [Defenseman] Johnny Scott asked him first. It’s not my joke. It’s Jonny’s. I double-used it on him.”

Ha, Ha. A couple guys who probably wouldn't have a shot at making any Olympic hockey team rip on a guy for just missing getting on the almost guaranteed gold medal team. I wonder who the joke is really on.

Anyway, back to the game. I thought Brodziak had a solid game. On the goal he scored he got nailed along the boards a couple times but still won multiple battles for the puck. The Wild had multiple scoring chances as a result of Brodziak's work on that shift. Sure, his snap shot took about a minute to bounce/flutter/bob/skip/bound/backspin into the goal but it still got there. And his pass to Clutz on his goal was a thing of beauty.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:29 pm

The joke is still on Phaneuf because he's the one who's supposed to make the team...obviously no Canadians on the Wild stand a chance at making it...

Also it's funny because he's a d-bag as well.
Back to top Go down
aRKade

aRKade

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Hey, anybody know the scoop with Robbie Earl after this game? I thought Russo said if he played this game without being an injury replacement he would have to clear waivers to be sent back down to Houston. It sounds like he played in place of scratched players so does that mean he is now a permanent member of the big club? Not sure he would clear waivers if they try to send him down.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:35 pm

Indeed that's a big question now....because if either him or Sheppard are sent down they have to clear waivers....which may indicate some sort of trade (or maybe just a dumping of Shep) in the works...we will see I suppose.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
Indeed that's a big question now....because if either him or Sheppard are sent down they have to clear waivers....which may indicate some sort of trade (or maybe just a dumping of Shep) in the works...we will see I suppose.

Either Earl is part of a package or Shepp is being traded, no way would either clear the waivers, shepp is still young and could be molded, Earl has shown promise.

The bigger question is with Stoner,no way do i want Scott to stay on D, specially with Burns closer to being back, There is going to be some moves made soon just the question is what kind of moves.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Shep should hae no problem clearing waivers.

Who wants 1st round JUNK?
Back to top Go down
aRKade

aRKade

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:34 pm

I was at the game last night and I was kinda bummed that Stoner was a scratch. I really wanted to see him play. I thought he has looked pretty good in the games I have watched on TV. I would have liked to have seen him live because then I could watch how he plays away from the puck.

Oh well, I somehow finagled tickets to Saturdays game against the Hawks!! I'm really pumped for that game. Hopefully I'll get to see him play then.
Back to top Go down
aRKade

aRKade

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:36 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:

If someone picks up Shep on waivers to the Wild get any sort of compensation? I'm not really sure how waivers work. Might be the best we can get for him. Really sucks to have a first round pick who looked like he might be a pretty good player pretty much go in the tank.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:22 pm

aRKade wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:

If someone picks up Shep on waivers to the Wild get any sort of compensation? I'm not really sure how waivers work. Might be the best we can get for him. Really sucks to have a first round pick who looked like he might be a pretty good player pretty much go in the tank.

the only compensation is we don't have to pay him any more, its different then someone signing a RFA to an offer sheet.

also Shepp has failed here but there is places where he can be mentored and he could succeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next