Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6

Go down 
+8
faribogopherguy
KillerCarlson
OldTimeHockey
cehnehdeh
Kevin W
Dee Oh Cee
forthewild
00Xtremeninja
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sqare

sqare

GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:36 pm

If a player is picked up on waivers, this is basically the quickest summation of how it works.

For the duration of the season, that players salary is now split between his old club and the new club. This is pro-rated for the rest of the season, and the player's contract is split for the duration.

Example: New York picked Avery up via waiver from Dallas. Dallas has to pay for half his contract salary until the end of 2012. New York pays the other half.

If Sheppard were to be placed on waivers and picked up by a different team, it's a bit different, because he is an RFA after this season. The club that would pick him up would only be on the hook for 700k (pro-rated down to 350k since we are at the halfway point), while the Wild would also be on the hook for the remainder of the year. Since Sheppard would have to ink a new deal (RFA status) he then become the sole responsibility of the new club.

That's why Avery getting waived was bad for Dallas' bottom line, but waiving RFAs or UFAs has very little long term risk to the team doing the waiving.
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Not quite sqare, the salary is split if the player is picked up on RE-ENTRY waivers. If the player is picked up on the way down the club that picks him up is responsible for the balance of his contract.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:54 pm

I'd have a hard time seeing someone claiming Earl on waivers. Sheppard wouldn't pass the Leafs.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:03 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Not quite sqare, the salary is split if the player is picked up on RE-ENTRY waivers. If the player is picked up on the way down the club that picks him up is responsible for the balance of his contract.

Thought it was half and half no matter what? If not, thanks for the correction. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:04 am

lolwat wrote:
I'd have a hard time seeing someone claiming Earl on waivers. Sheppard wouldn't pass the Leafs.
Would that be so bad a thing?
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:34 am

TaLoN wrote:
lolwat wrote:
Would that be so bad a thing?

Shepp gets picked up by the leafs turns into a scoring machine 50 goals coupled with Booggard the assist machine and you can get the parade route ready leaf nation.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:59 am

If they can turn Shep into a 50 goal scorer and Boogieman into an assist machine, then they deserve a cup parade! Razz
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:58 am

lol, but boogie already is the assist machine!!! i have pics to prove it!

oh and talon, you are a hot commodity of discussion on the other boards right now. =)
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:06 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
oh and talon, you are a hot commodity of discussion on the other boards right now. =)
How so?
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:21 pm

TaLoN wrote:
00Xtremeninja wrote:
How so?

Comment
CoolBreeze44 Can Anybody Share With me What Happened to Talon? Lead [-]

01/06/10 07:21 PM
Tags : None
I understand he is no longer posting to the boards here. Can anyone tell me why, and where he might be talking hockey?

Interact
My Recent PostsIgnore User's PostsReport Post Reply
IkLms #1 [url] [-]

01/06/10 07:22 PM
Is it hockey season yet?
He got sick of attempting to correct Sportsfan's grammar, and wading through your BS.

Interact
cehnehdeh #2 [url] [-]

01/06/10 07:23 PM
Night Crew Member & Founder of the New Board Order
CoolBreeze44 wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand he is no longer posting to the boards here. Can anyone tell me why, and where he might be talking hockey?

minnesotahockey.forumotion.com

Go there and ask him himself. Wink

Interact
My Recent Posts Edit
Delete Reply
jaggedice #3 [url] [-]

01/06/10 07:34 PM
The board changes %*%%$+ him off. I thought he'd eventually come back. But I don't anymore.

Interact
OTH #4 [url] [-]

01/06/10 08:42 PM
Nope. TaL isn't coming back. I don't blame him. Nothing is being fixed over here, so it is what it is. Cooler, there's a group of us (including TaLoN) over on the board that ceh mentioned.

Interact
cehnehdeh #5 [url] [-]

01/06/10 08:44 PM
OTH wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nope. TaL isn't coming back. I don't blame him. Nothing is being fixed over here, so it is what it is. Cooler, there's a group of us (including TaLoN) over on the board that ceh mentioned.

Tal strikes me as a guy who just posts and just posting isnt all that worse here with kickapps. Now, if he uses his mobile phone to post then yea, it's a HUGE problem.

Interact
My Recent Posts Edit
Delete Reply
cehnehdeh #6 [url] [-]

01/06/10 08:44 PM
OTH wrote:

Tal strikes me as a guy who just posts and just posting isnt all that worse here with kickapps. Now, if he uses his mobile phone to post then yea, it's a HUGE problem.

Interact
My Recent Posts Edit
Delete Reply
OTH #7 [url] [-]

01/06/10 08:51 PM
cehnehdeh wrote:

OTH wrote:

Tal strikes me as a guy who just posts and just posting isnt all that worse here with kickapps. Now, if he uses his mobile phone to post then yea, it's a HUGE problem.Actually, yeah it is. I've run into more bugs over here than on the other board. And more bugs keep showing up. As you mentioned, this board isn't worth @#$!% on a mobile, which is pretty sad. It was nice to have the chance to post on the board via phone, but it's no longer possible. TaLoN's problem is that the NHL felt the need to mess with something that wasn't broken. And after getting these boards, many of the bugs are not being fixed. It doesn't have that quality, close-knit feeling anymore. And the fans aren't getting respected.

He has every right to want to stay over there.

Interact
cehnehdeh #8 [url] [-]

01/06/10 08:53 PM
I have no problems just posting but then I havent had the need to even look at my profile for a very long time. Razz

I DO hate how my "Razz" doesnt automatically make a smilie anymore though!

Interact
My Recent Posts Edit
Delete Reply
OTH #9 [url] [-]

01/06/10 09:40 PM
cehnehdeh wrote:
I have no problems just posting but then I havent had the need to even look at my profile for a very long time. Razz

I DO hate how my "Razz" doesnt automatically make a smilie anymore though!Who looks at their own profile?

Interact
cehnehdeh #10 [url] [-]

01/06/10 09:41 PM
Well, what I meant was the "myaccount" thing you need to go to to see if you have PM's etc...
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:22 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Well, what I meant was the "myaccount" thing you need to go to to see if you have PM's etc...And the PM's thing is no longer accurate.

Interact
Sportsfan-1 #12 [url] [-]

01/06/10 10:51 PM
Bruno's #1 fan
He became Evil_Elf..............

Kirby Puckett before game 6 of the 1991 World Series: "Guys, I just have one announcement to make: You guys should jump on my back tonight. I'm going to carry us." Then he did.

Interact
rottenrefs #13 [url] [-]

01/06/10 10:57 PM
The semi-retired "Just in case" guy.
What I fell in love with was a thread asking for input from users.

This was 3 weeks after the board switched over... After 3-4 regular users tried their arse off to help people struggle through the effing mess... Only to be told nothing upon asking a question or noting a bug.

ZERO CORRESPONDENCE.

Then we were told to use email so the 7 page thread didn't have to be reviewed looking for problems that people noted.

This basically occurred after about half the regular users had already left. The new quota must be more manageable and easier to deal with. It all pays the same right?

Interact
cehnehdeh #14 [url] [-]

01/06/10 11:58 PM
rottenrefs wrote:

This was 3 weeks after the board switched over... After 3-4 regular users tried their arse off to help people struggle through the effing mess... Only to be told nothing upon asking a question or noting a bug.

ZERO CORRESPONDENCE.

Then we were told to use email so the 7 page thread didn't have to be reviewed looking for problems that people noted.

This basically occurred after about half the regular users had already left. The new quota must be more manageable and easier to deal with. It all pays the same right?

HARSH diss man!

did you ever stop and think that more moderated boards suffer the same problems we do here? This is a league-wide board now and not the Wilds. I honestly can't blame KF for none of the mess being fixed. He was likely under the assumption that league tech support would figure things out.

I get your anger but feel it's pretty misdirected.

Interact
My Recent Posts Edit
Delete Reply
angelina_e #15 [url] [-]

01/07/10 12:52 AM
The Original Brown-Eyed Blonde
TaLon will never post on these boards again. Ever. He has said so much elsewhere.

Interact
Sportsfan-1 #16 [url] [-]

01/07/10 01:17 AM
Bruno's #1 fan
In all seriousness hope Tal is doing well these days.

Kirby Puckett before game 6 of the 1991 World Series: "Guys, I just have one announcement to make: You guys should jump on my back tonight. I'm going to carry us." Then he did.

Interact
MonkeyAndEngineer #17 [url] [-]

01/07/10 03:41 AM
A) KF has absolutely zero nil nada whatever to do with this switch, nor is it his job to know anything about it. Anyone who beaches at him is misguided.

B) If i can figure out how to run this new board and you cant, you're fu c king retawded, because this ole boy aint no computer scientologist.

Interact
fargokman #18 [url] [-]

01/07/10 03:53 AM
Exiled Major
The switch was traumatic for me - I couldn't see anything! And at a time where the contact with the "real" world was important to me! But I'm no rocket sturgeon and I finally got used to it...

Hell, I even looked at my profile for the first time in many weeks a day or two ago and was able to change my avatar. That's pretty impressive for a low speed, high drag guy like me! Sorry to the people who emailed me - I just never checked my email thing...

I'd use that other board but I can't get to it from this computer...

Interact
mrconfusion87 #19 [url] [-]

01/07/10 05:04 AM
Rorschach Disciple
I can understand why TaLon gave up on the boards... Its much harder to use than the old ones... Hence my tendency not to show up as often as I used to in the past! Sad

Interact
Antti_Laxative #20 [url] [-]

01/07/10 06:00 AM
Aching Member
cehnehdeh wrote:

This is a league-wide board now and not the Wilds. I honestly can't blame KF for none of the mess being fixed. He was likely under the assumption that league tech support would figure things out.

This!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:22 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:

rottenrefs wrote:

ZERO CORRESPONDENCE.

HARSH diss man!

did you ever stop and think that more moderated boards suffer the same problems we do here? This is a league-wide board now and not the Wilds. I honestly can't blame KF for none of the mess being fixed. He was likely under the assumption that league tech support would figure things out.

I get your anger but feel it's pretty misdirected.So who operates and watches over this board? No one?

As I said, correspondence has been zero. A simple acknowledgment here or there would reap VOLUMES rather than commenting an average of once every 3-4 weeks and requesting people not to post their difficulties and email their issues into an empty box that don't get responded to. (As many have attested to.)

Maybe it's an NHL mandate requesting a board op with supposedly over a million posts not to chatter up the board.

And no, I'm not angry over it. I'm frustrated (mostly for everyone else) because there's board ops all over the internet who donate their time for free who do more.

For three months I was fully behind Kevin and defended him knowing how rough things can be to operate a board. Knowing others are making decisions... You all have seen my comments in favor of supporting him. However when it comes right down to it there's only been one or two indications that an attempt on his behalf has been made. Other then that there's been no comment. No help page, no tips, no FAQs, nothing.

I've gone so far as to say his hands are probably tied in more ways then we can imagine. During that time, no comment. After that time, no comment.

No announcements, no stickies with input, no status, no indications on improvement... Nothing. Nothing has indicated if this type of handling is a personal choice, the leagues, time restraints, costs, league-wide support... Nothing.

Trust me, I fully understand what "could" be going on behind the scenes, but not even dropping a line, a note, a tip, an announcement, adding input, or anything, have indicated anything other then... "You people don't mean anything."

Last Edited By: rottenrefs 01/07/10 08:08 AM. Edited 1 time.
Interact
rottenrefs #22 [url] [-]

01/07/10 08:15 AM
MonkeyAndEngineer wrote:
A) KF has absolutely zero nil nada whatever to do with this switch, nor is it his job to know anything about it. Anyone who beaches at him is misguided.

B) If i can figure out how to run this new board and you cant, you're fu c king retawded, because this ole boy aint no computer scientologist.If someone can go through the length of banning you 3 times they could certainly reply to a thread more then once every month.

After 2 months of silence Kev replied to the thread he started. Prior to and during that time you helped a lot of users. Likewise many others helped people struggle through things. I know I did.

Personally I've never had that many issues with the new board, but others have. I've had a couple and voiced them and like everyone else, when nothing was done to address them we all just said eff it and still use the board.

This is what they hope people will do. That's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS.

But for newer users and users who haven't been here in a while... THEY are who I feel for during this silent, no act, treatment.

Last Edited By: rottenrefs 01/07/10 08:20 AM. Edited 1 time.
Interact
rottenrefs #23 [url] [-]

01/07/10 08:24 AM
I'm sorry if I've offending anyone but the handling of all this is totally disingenuous to any active board member.

So, before I get myself banned by saying anything more... I'm bowing out.

edit: There you go Kevin. One less user to point out the obvious. You are now fully sacred.

Interact
Evilempire #24 [url] [-]

01/07/10 10:34 AM
Mafia Member
Seems a little petty to me, but to each his own!

sig created by this providence

The Don Jr
Interact
havoc-1 #25 [url] [-]

01/07/10 12:55 PM
Talon heard the call of the Ninja Dark Side, and never has to enter his email/pw everytime he posts.

Interact
cehnehdeh #26 [url] [-]

01/07/10 01:48 PM
Evilempire wrote:
Seems a little petty to me, but to each his own!

RR does make some pretty darned good points. I'll just add that with a largely unmoderated board (which the MAJORITY here profess to LOVE) there IS going to be a negative side to it as well.

Perhaps if KF just came out and said "Yes, this board sucks and I'm too busy with my REAL job to put a lot of time into resolving/looking into the issues" maybe this would stop the moaning?

He seems like smart man so I'm sure he realizes these boards are inferior and buggy.

Interact
My Recent Posts Edit
Delete Reply
rottenrefs #27 [url] [-]

01/07/10 04:02 PM
cehnehdeh wrote:

Evilempire wrote:
Seems a little petty to me, but to each his own!RR does make some pretty darned good points. I'll just add that with a largely unmoderated board (which the MAJORITY here profess to LOVE) there IS going to be a negative side to it as well.

Perhaps if KF just came out and said "Yes, this board sucks and I'm too busy with my REAL job to put a lot of time into resolving/looking into the issues" maybe this would stop the moaning?

He seems like smart man so I'm sure he realizes these boards are inferior and buggy.Thanks.

Though I did always marvel at how fast someone could get banned on the old board upon doing something that needed immediate attention. A note was sent, a warning put out, threads edited when need be. All with the slightest hand and greatest of fairness. (All above and beyond the call of duty.)

It probably took a lot more effort too. None of which was duly appreciated in some circumstances, but it was always steady. Kevin's always done a magnificent job as far as I'm concerned... Up until the change over.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Heh... from reading through that ceh... OTH hit my reasons dead on. I thought I was pretty clear a long time ago about my opinion of the NHL server Nazi's... Razz
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:27 pm

TaLoN wrote:
Heh... from reading through that ceh... OTH hit my reasons dead on. I thought I was pretty clear a long time ago about my opinion of the NHL server Nazi's... Razz

Good on you for being able to read through it! I was being more of a smart ass than anything. Razz
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
TaLoN wrote:

Good on you for being able to read through it! I was being more of a smart ass than anything. Razz
Well... that also seems to show that nothing has changed since I got PO'ed and vacated those boards either... screw those boards. Everyone knows where to find me. Wink

Oh, and BTW - I have posted from my phone on occasion. Wink
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:32 pm

rottenrefs must be feeling like he's in quite the conundrum, he's super against this board yet is totally fed up with that one!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:33 pm

BTW TaL: I'm 2 for 2 with having my Q's aired on your guys' TT Holtline. The first Q was the question of the night and has put me into the monthly autographed jersey draw. Razz
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:35 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
rottenrefs must be feeling like he's in quite the conundrum, he's super against this board yet is totally fed up with that one!
Wasn't rottenrefs one of the people ripping me the night I left those boards for wanting to bail?

cehnehdeh wrote:
BTW TaL: I'm 2 for 2 with having my Q's aired on your guys' TT Holtline. The first Q was the question of the night and has put me into the monthly autographed jersey draw. Razz
What were your questions?
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:20 pm

yeah he was, and also proclaimed this setup would fail after a month.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Hmm... I think it's been more than a month... Wink
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:25 pm

yeah, we're crashing and burning!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:30 pm

Hmm... I don't even see a burning candle right now... so burning? Not so much.

As for crashing... I guess if I maybe fall out of my chair or something? Neutral
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:38 pm

yeah none of that now!

i am sure a few more will trickle in.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:29 am

TaLoN wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:
Wasn't rottenrefs one of the people ripping me the night I left those boards for wanting to bail?

cehnehdeh wrote:
What were your questions?

He asked both parts of this one:

Quote :
Tom,

2 questions here

Minnesota hosts a city where 2 very controversial Canadian Olympic ommisions play for that city's NHL team. (Bouwmeester and Phaneuf). Do you think that players that had a shot at making their respective countries Olympic squads but didnt generally play with more passion and fire because they feel they have something to prove all over again or do you think that most of these players feel deflated and disheartened and as such their play diminishes a bit?

It seems a 50/50 split opinion over whether or not it's good for the NHL to shut down for the Olympics for 2 weeks every 4 years. What are the odds that the NHL will represent in 2014 in Russia and why do you feel this to be the case?

Thanks!

Here's the other:

Quote :
Tom,

The Wild are in a bit of a mini-slump while the Hawks are surging. Should the Wild win this one how big of a confidence booster would it be to the team? Would it be a bigger confidence booster than if, say, the Wild broke out of their mini-slump against another slumping team like the Oilers?

Thanks

I'm really surprised that more peeps dont ask questions at the wmb. You can win some pretty cool stuff!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:30 am

I guess technically I went 3 for 3. Razz

Ae said she's had 13? questions aires and antii isnt far behind. Again, why more peeps dont ask em' to win jerseys/tickets is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6   GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GDT Wild vs Flames 1/6
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next