Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway Empty
PostSubject: U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway   U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:12 pm

The State of Hockey News
An objective and balanced view of Minnesota Hockey

U.S. Men’s team wins 2nd straight but there are noticeable and alarming holes after 6-1 win over Norway

‘Choking’, ‘not living up to the hype’, ‘disappointing’, and ‘failing to meet expectations’ are all euphemisms for teams or individuals that suffer embarrassment or humiliation due to a gaffe or costly mistake at the absolute worst time. With the Olympics in Vancouver in full-swing the games have already had a few memorable moments of choking, whether it be the U.S. Men’s Curling team who was a bronze medal winner at Turin in 2006 now 0-4 after a crushing loss to Denmark 7-6. Or how about Turin medal winner in snowboarder Lindsay Jacobellis who earned silver after trying to show off hoping for redemption (although she claims she only cares about having fun) this time getting a little out of control on a jump to lose control and failed to go around a gate during the semi-finals earning her immediate disqualification. Or perhaps the most bizarre and perhaps the most embarrassing Olympic moment I can ever recall was turned in by French female downhill skier Marion Roland. Just moments after American (and Minnesotan) Lindsey Vonn tore off a fantastic run, the French downhiller who was 5th in the World’s suffered the worst embarrassment of her career when she fell less than 10 seconds after leaving the starting gate allegedly injuring herself in the process. When you consider the fact for Roland this run was to culminate her Olympic dreams and many years of hard work its incredibly sad, but I think its almost impossible not to laugh because its just that strange to see an athlete of that calibre fail in such a way that one would normally expect of a person who was spending their first day on skis at your local bunny hill. Check it out for yourself.

http://video.mpora.com/watch/ifXIR7uS2/

Yet the Olympics are not all about athletes and teams who fail to meet expectations. They can also be places where the teams and athletes who have been the focus of the media coverage live up to the hype. Lindsay Vonn, despite all the media coverage about her being able or unable to perform because of a shin injury performed excellently in the downhill and took home a gold medal (while she didn’t medal in the women’s downhill combined), and the always impressive Shaun White was unreal as he clearly was a man amongst boys as he produced incredible air and an assortment of moves that was in a class by itself as he cruised to a gold. Lastly, Shani Davis was able to turn on the jets at the right time to win the 1,500 meter speedskating gold. So where does this leave the U.S. Men’s Olympic Hockey Team? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

Is Team USA showing some holes to its game after a 6-1 win over Norway?

Perhaps this will give you something to discuss...
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway   U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:19 pm

it is going to be pretty clear on sunday where things are going. i am excited as hell and nervous all at the same time.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway   U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:10 am

You guys apparently have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Apparently all the pressure is on TC.
/American propoganda
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway   U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:07 am

^It's not just propaganda if it's fact.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway   U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Canada barely got past Swiss imagine if they lost that game, the city of Vancouver would have burned, well maybe not you Vancouverites know how to deal with letdown all those years of following the Canucks Laughing
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway   U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:20 pm

^Besides, they'd never want to burn the source of their ego... you know how sophisticated and beautiful the city of Vancouver is afterall... Razz
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway   U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:02 pm

It will be very interesting although Swiss clearly were feeling a little hangover from that game as they barely beat Norway. Former Wild prospect Julian Sprunger scored; by the way he looked pretty good in the games I saw him play. He's not Roman Wick who looked like a stud but he was physical and looked good working near the net.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway   U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:07 pm

I think the Suisse narrowly beating Norway is just further evidence that hockey, world wide, is showing signs of parity.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway   U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:48 pm

I think its more of a hangover from being so close and coming up short.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway   U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:40 am

what i find most amusing about the Canada Swiss game is all them canadian tele people, claiming that Crosby was wronged and needs to have better line mates to play with.

WTF are not the best canadian players on this fucking team, i mean how about you quit sucking off crosby's dick long enough to see that maybe he's not Wayne, maybe HE NEEDS QUALITY PLAYERS TO PLAY GREAT, MAYBE HE DOESN'T MAKE PLAYERS AROUND HIM PLAY BETTER LIKE WANE DID, QUIT SUCKING HIS DICK YOU FAGGOTS HE'S NOT ENTITLED TO HAVE JESUS AND GOD PLAY HIS WINGS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway   U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

U.S. Men show holes in their game in 6-1 win over Norway
Page 1 of 1