Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years. Empty
PostSubject: Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years.   Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:59 pm

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/80036457.html?page=2&c=y

great article showing the shift in policy under new management, surprising to hear about Jack not liking huston players it worked in the beginning with guys like Gaborik but has since backfired.

Lets hope the change gets us some surprising talent and break out season from players in Huston.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years.   Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:13 pm

I think JL didn't like Houston players because most of them were pretty much useless when he was here anyway.

The ones who showed ANY signs of life usually got brought up and had some degree of success ala Voros, Scott, Veilleux, Dupuis etc. It's just that DR was so poor at finding decent talent, and even worse at developing it, Houston players weren't offering much across the board.

I mean, look at some of the other Houston names DR tried to shove down JL's throat such as Travis Roche and Matt Foy!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years.   Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:01 pm

True but still this year there is a ton of call ups and even some players showing they want to stick around, the change in phillosophy is just so nice to see tho, even tho there isn't much to be excited about right now in terms of prospects the hope for the future is there.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years.   Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:59 am

As they even said in the article, Stoner looked like he'd have been here a long time ago in his first prospect camp, but injuries made that path a LOT longer for him. Now he's finally back on track.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years.   Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 5:00 am

TaLoN wrote:
As they even said in the article, Stoner looked like he'd have been here a long time ago in his first prospect camp, but injuries made that path a LOT longer for him. Now he's finally back on track.

Lets hope so, he might actually get to stay up witch is nice and also could mean that Scott is on the way to being traded, there is some value he could bring to a team in term of fighting, but he should never see another shift on the D, he's just terrible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years.   Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huston players are finaly happy it only took 9 years.
Page 1 of 1