Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lats inked 2 years @5mil

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

Lats inked 2 years @5mil Empty
PostSubject: Lats inked 2 years @5mil   Lats inked 2 years @5mil I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:54 pm

Fletch has worked his magic
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Lats inked 2 years @5mil   Lats inked 2 years @5mil I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:00 am

Fletch was cheap but in a good way.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Lats inked 2 years @5mil   Lats inked 2 years @5mil I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:22 am

BTW, a Russo tweet provides some refreshing insight regarding the new GM.

Quote :
Chuck Fletcher felt it important to get Latendresse done before July 1 so he knows exactly how much he's got $$$ at his disposal

Someone else we know would have made it a lot more complicated.

Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Lats inked 2 years @5mil   Lats inked 2 years @5mil I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:08 am

I think this deal was brilliant especially when it comes to the term.

No way was Lats going to commit to a deal like this long term, but since it was going to be short... Fletch made sure it ended while Lats was still a full year away from UFA eligability. Meaning next negotiations will be exclusive once again. If there are any bumps in those negotiations, they have a ton of time to trade him as an RFA.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Lats inked 2 years @5mil   Lats inked 2 years @5mil I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:23 am

Spot on, its this kind of insight that makes me confident that Koivu will be extended sooner then later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lats inked 2 years @5mil   Lats inked 2 years @5mil I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lats inked 2 years @5mil
Page 1 of 1