Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

collage Free agents

Go down 
+4
lolwat
Dee Oh Cee
Gnarkill
forthewild
8 posters
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

collage Free agents Empty
PostSubject: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Ok so there is still some pretty good collage free agents available that i think we should go after.

here one list from hockeys future that list the top 10 some WCHA's in there.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11936/ten_free_agent_collegians_gaining_nhl_interest/

if we can land a sniper to stick on the koivu line that would be ideal, specially if newly acquired Wellman can develop into a #2 center.

what are you thoughts, any guys you like listed or not.

Also what sealed the Wellman deal was GMCF going there in person, this guys gives a shit about the players he signs, so maybe we can land a few more.
Back to top Go down
Gnarkill

Gnarkill

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:15 pm

Russostrib #mnwild close to signing Colorado College defenseman Nate Prosser from Elk River, Minn.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:20 pm

4g 24a in 39 games this year 6'2'' 195lb not bad, we can then waive scott and stick him on the team.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Wow we certainly aren't used to having this much activity....it's amazing what the differences are between great and terrible GMs. These moves are no risk and possibly high reward...good to see all of this.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
Wow we certainly aren't used to having this much activity....it's amazing what the differences are between great and terrible GMs. These moves are no risk and possibly high reward...good to see all of this.

not only are we actually trying to get collage player but our GM isn't afraid to pay a personal visit to get the deal done, i mean GMCF WAS the reason we got Wellman.

this would make my leddy grieving over Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:42 pm

I agree!

And btw just for future reference it's college Razz
Back to top Go down
Gnarkill

Gnarkill

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:34 pm

If nothing else he is atleast trying to give us some prospect depth in Houston, good on Fletch for that!
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:01 pm

I doubt any other college player gets NHL time this year for the Wild. Wellman was considered the best NCAA FA.
Back to top Go down
Gnarkill

Gnarkill

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:58 pm

link

Quote :
Prosser's contract is one year (mandatory because of his age) at $810,000 (prorated to about 97K). His contract expires at the end of the season and he'll have to be re-signed after July 1.

So why sign him if his contract's going to expire anyway? Now the Wild owns his rights to re-sign. The plan is for him to stay with Minnesota the rest of the season -- not Houston. But unless there's a ton of injuries, it's doubtful he'll play. Regardless, he's not eligible to be sent to Houston because of some confusing loophole.

He'll fly to Nashville this morning, attend tonight's game and be on the charter afterward aimed for Columbus

I know its homerism on my part but I'm hoping since they are looking at other college prospects they take a good look atBemidji state's Matt Read the kid has alot of upside.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:02 pm

Being an Elk River guy, Prosser is a good two-way defenseman with good physical tools. He has good on-ice vision and while his shot is not cannon-like he puts it on goal; think more Paul Martin like...
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:58 pm

i am just liking the fact this GM and company are making moves and doing things. so refreshing to not sit and have to read Dougie "i think our prospects in Houston are stellar and will help us out in the near future, we just have to be patient."
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Nevermind, wrong thread.
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:32 am

I was kind of hoping after the Huskies were eliminated Fletch was going to sign Ryan Lasch. He is small but snaky. About the same size as PMB, but plays bigger. I think he is more one of those intangibles type player. He has been told numerous times that he won't succeed playing hockey, but is now SCSU's all time scorer. While we may not have the storied history of UofM or UND, we have still had some damn good player come through that campus over the years. Probably would end up being a career AHLer, with call-ups here and there. But Houston needs love too.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Cheverie signed....

Early signings in the WCHA (7)

Alaska-Anchorage (2)
Lee Baldwin, Fr, D, New York Rangers
Bryce Christianson, Jr, G, Stockton (ECHL)

Denver (3)
Joe Colborne, So, F, Boston Bruins
Patrick Wiercioch, So, D, Ottawa Senators
Marc Cheverie, Jr, G, Florida Panthers

Minnesota (1)
Jordan Schroeder, So, F, Vancouver Canucks

Minnesota-Duluth (1)
Rob Bordson, Jr, F, Anaheim Ducks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: collage Free agents   collage Free agents I_icon_minitime