Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread

Go down 
+14
Quisp
DougRiser
timotheuzi
wukwinn
OldTimeHockey
Wild_State_of_Hockey
BackStopBabe
Dee Oh Cee
CJayWild
Toewser
zamboni14
Kevin W
00Xtremeninja
TaLoN
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
zamboni14

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 5:16 am

allow me to ask one question... am I the only person (Viking fan) who wants to see at least 1 more loss this season before playoffs? Hear me out on this one...

How many teams have finished 15-1 and missed the super bowl? One. The Vikings in '98. Now with that said, there stands a Saints team that will be a good matchup if we play them in the playoffs (most likely in the NFC championship.) Now lets say that this Saints team wins and moves onto the Super Bowl. Then we (Vikings) will not only have been the first 0-4 Super Bowl team, but we'll also be the first team to go 15-1 TWICE and not make the Super Bowl.

OTH... think you have scars now... imagine having to deal with THAT!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:44 am

i think you are being crazy supersitious, and all of us sports fans are when we see stats like that. however, to help put you at ease......

The Vikes are in prime position to win the division. But Green Bay has picked it up and is playing good football right now too. I would imagine the Pack get a Wild Card spot.

Once/If the Queens do win the division and have a spot locked in, you can almost bet they will play second line people to give the starters a rest. Unless of course there is the chance to win home field advantage. The Giants are going to be fighting for a playoff spot when they play the Vikes, that could be your loss you are looking for. Also, don't count out Cincy, they have been playing good football (well, minus a hiccup last week).

I think you'll get your additional loss at some point.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:37 pm

me... superstitious... NEVER! Remember, I play goalie in hockey. I wear the same pair of boxers, same t-shirt, listen to the same music while going to the game, sit in the same place in the locker room, put my pads on the same way and warm up the same way every game.

I think you are right though... we'll see a 2nd loss before the end of the season
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Favre is my hero Smile
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:13 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Everyone is a queens fan all of a sudden eh?

Y'all still laughing at the Favre signing now?
I still hate Favre.

00Xtremeninja wrote:
Once/If the Queens do win the division and have a spot locked in, you can almost bet they will play second line people to give the starters a rest. Unless of course there is the chance to win home field advantage.
With the Saints playing the Pats this week, we could be in line for home field very soon here...
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:54 am

Sweet! Scott Studwell is going to be inducted to the Viking's Ring of Honor at halftime tomorrow! THE best Middle Linebacker the Vike's have ever had! (pretty damn good scout too as it turns out)

"He was a low draft choice," recalled Bud Grant, who was the Vikings coach when Studwell was drafted ninth out of Illinois in 1977.

"When we drafted him, I kept looking at his statistics, and he had a lot tackles. I kept asking our scouts what about this guy, and they said, 'He isn't big enough to play.' But two things that stood out were that he played every game, never missed any with injuries, and led the team in tackles. He had an enormous amount of tackles. Anybody that can play every down and make that many tackles has to be worth something."

Studwell not only is the all-time Vikings leader in tackles, but his total of 1,981 is, unofficially, the most in the NFL.

"We finally did draft him, and it was one of the best drafts we ever made," Grant said. "He was outstanding. He played with Jeff Siemon here, and he took over and had an outstanding career. He was a very durable, durable player. My kind of player."

Studwell's reaction to the honor: "Extremely humbled, very flattered, and very appreciative of the opportunity that this organization has given me for the last 33 years."

Nobody deserves the honor more this guy, who will go down as one of the great contributors to the Vikings as a player and now an executive.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:59 am

I always thought Del Rio was underrated. But good for Scott, he earned it.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:05 am

zamboni14 wrote:
Del Rio was underrated, but he still wasn't as good as Studwell was!

Hell, Studwell even had those Middle Linebacker eyes before anyone pointed out linebacker's eyes! Laughing
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:22 am

TaLoN wrote:
zamboni14 wrote:
Del Rio was underrated, but he still wasn't as good as Studwell was!

Hell, Studwell even had those Middle Linebacker eyes before anyone pointed out linebacker's eyes! Laughing

Studwell invented the phrase; "that guy is a Stud... well?"
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:51 am

The Vikes put away sub par teams without any major issues now! How refreshing!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:03 am

well, Dolphins season is officially done. would someone please beat the Saints and Colts?!?! for fucks sake people.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:42 am

And the Saints have officially played the closest thing to a perfect game IMO

They will be DAMN hard to beat if they have home field in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:52 am

Meh...Jared Allen will be the biggest distraction Brees ever encountered. Brees will walk away from that game in a puddle of piss with a snot bubble hanging from his nose. Vikings pass rush, O-Line, receivers, Favre and Peterson will prevail against anyone. AFC or NFC! This is our year! Plan the fucking parade down Nicollet Mall, Downtown Minneapolis!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
And the Saints have officially played the closest thing to a perfect game IMO

They will be DAMN hard to beat if they have home field in the playoffs.
Well, it was made easier due to the fact that the Pat's DB's never turned to look at the ball when they had perfect coverage on some passes that could have easily been picked off.

I think the Pat's D isn't what it used to be, making the job easier for Brees. The Vikes D wouldn't quite be so easy to slice up.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Adrian Peterson busted for doing 109 MPH in a 55? Really? Why do you need to go that fast?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4710315
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:03 pm

he figured because he can run fast he can drive fast
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:19 pm

He saw the endzone. He had to make sure he got there, especially before someone caught up to him and forced a fumble. Razz
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:29 pm

Peterson speeding isn't shocking. That's what he does best. On the other hand, the fact that he didn't fumble the car off of the road is miraculous.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:52 pm

ahahahaha
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:02 pm

I'm not going to rag on the guy for getting caught doing something I've done (and got away with) in the past.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:04 pm

TaLoN wrote:
I'm not going to rag on the guy for getting caught doing something I've done (and got away with) in the past.
Not sure anyone was really ragging on him. Or at least I wasn't. Razz
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:15 pm

It's just the first thing most people jump to doing when they see a celeb of some type in ANY legal trouble.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:38 pm

I'm actually surprised it only took 1 cop to stop him... he never gets stopped by 1 person! But at least he made the first down marker.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:31 am

Give the Vikes credit! Their fast guys like to go fast!

The 100 Club: Second Viking ticketed for speeding

Bernard Berrian was cited Monday night for driving 104 miles per hour in a 60 mph zone.

Star Tribune
Last update: December 5, 2009 - 10:37 AM

Adrian Peterson wasn't the only Minnesota Vikings player speeding in the past few days.

Late Friday, the State Patrol confirmed that wide receiver Bernard Berrian was cited on Monday night for driving 104 miles per hour in a 60 mile-per-hour zone on Interstate 694 in Oakdale.

According to patrol Capt. Matt Langer, a trooper stopped Berrian at 9:38 p.m. in the southbound lane.

Meanwhile, a tape of Peterson's Saturday traffic stop shows the speedy running back might not have been watching the speedometer closely.

Peterson expressed disbelief to the officer that his BMW was clocked at 109 mph.

"How fast you think you were going?" an Edina police officer asked after stopping him on Crosstown Hwy. 62.

When Peterson replied, "85," the officer replied, "you think you were 30 over the limit? I got you going 109." After giving Peterson the ticket, the officer, referring to Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears, told Peterson, "Good luck to you tomorrow."

With that, the two ended their encounter with a handshake.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:55 pm

Tell me how you can review a play that was whistled dead? In that Saints/Skins game they ruled the fumble was caused by the ground and blew the whistle therefore meaning no one is trying to get the ball because its a dead play..then they review the play and say its a fumble and give the ball to the Saints? How is that fair? Please tell me if I'm wrong but it just doesn't seem right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next