Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread

Go down 
+14
Quisp
DougRiser
timotheuzi
wukwinn
OldTimeHockey
Wild_State_of_Hockey
BackStopBabe
Dee Oh Cee
CJayWild
Toewser
zamboni14
Kevin W
00Xtremeninja
TaLoN
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Have you watched Tebow or are you just reading what the 'experts' say about him. He is athletically gifted, college grad with a awesome GPA (Vince Young went high in the draft and Tebow has better abilities and isn't a fucking imbecile), and is a good guy. I watched him since he was a freshman playing for Florida on short yardage plays only. He is the best QB in the draft IMO and I have seen plenty of bradford and mccoy. Plus, both of those guys have injuries to their throwing shoulders ATM.

IF the vikes luck out and have the opportunity to get Tebow, it's a no brainer. He was made to run the west coast offense.

But, on another note, the minnesota choke syndrome strikes again. I really don't think I will live to see a pro MN team win a championship ever again. God, we suck so bad for pro sports is absurd. Fucking Indiana is even better than us, Wisconsin is better than us... ARGGGGG bag In fact, I may just defect to root for whatever team my fave player goes to in the draft this year.

Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:45 am

zamboni14 wrote:
forthewild wrote:
zamboni14 wrote:
forthewild wrote:
The reason why they were called the Vikequeens is because our QB was a fucking awful excuse for a football player, favre completed the team and made them a force. Imagine if the Nucks had a great team, O and D was great but the goalie couldn't stop a damn thing. Also Vikes are one of the most excruciating teams to follow, just when they give you hope they will fuck it up and make you cry, most of the viking fans have been crying their whole life.

Did you miss the years the 'Nucks had Cloutier? That really WAS their version of T-Jack.

quite honestly the Nucks can go suck a big fat donkey shlong, oh well at least we can hope to land Tebow or McCoy

McCoy will probably get taken by Dallas, and Tebow... for the love of god... please... NO!!!!!

McCoy maybe but why not Tebow he has something that is so hard to find its called HEART the guy is a fucking winner plain and simple, many teams will pass on Tebow and will regret it.

If we have a chance to take Tebow and we don't its going to be sad, we have all the weapons we need, that kid plays with intensity, smarts, heart desire passion, you can't buy those, you can't train those, you can't instill those. If all he had was passion for the game, passion to win, he'd be a decent player, but he has SKILL PASSION LEADERSHIP HEART DESIRE so many intangible options that he will be good at the pro level. Get Tebow, groom him under Favre let him take over and still have AP,Harvin,Rice,Shankoe and a good Defense.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:29 am

timotheuzi wrote:
Have you watched Tebow or are you just reading what the 'experts' say about him. He is athletically gifted, college grad with a awesome GPA (Vince Young went high in the draft and Tebow has better abilities and isn't a fucking imbecile), and is a good guy. I watched him since he was a freshman playing for Florida on short yardage plays only. He is the best QB in the draft IMO and I have seen plenty of bradford and mccoy. Plus, both of those guys have injuries to their throwing shoulders ATM.

IF the vikes luck out and have the opportunity to get Tebow, it's a no brainer. He was made to run the west coast offense.

But, on another note, the minnesota choke syndrome strikes again. I really don't think I will live to see a pro MN team win a championship ever again. God, we suck so bad for pro sports is absurd. Fucking Indiana is even better than us, Wisconsin is better than us... ARGGGGG bag In fact, I may just defect to root for whatever team my fave player goes to in the draft this year.

I've seen him play, and I'll give you the fact that he's got heart and brains. BUT, (and this is my own personal opinion) running QB's are nothing but a "gimmick" or a fad. I'll easily take a pure pocket passing QB over a running QB any day of the week and 4 times on Sunday.

The main reason for that opinion... name me the last team to win a Super Bowl with a "running" QB. Sure guys like Vick, McNabb, Young, Culpecker, etc. can put butts in the seats and can make a game exciting at times. But they don't... win... championships.

With that in mind, I agree with ESPN's "all night" that Jacksonville will probably draft him because he's a local boy and (as I just said) he'll put butts in the seats for the Jags.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:02 pm

zamboni14 wrote:
timotheuzi wrote:

I've seen him play, and I'll give you the fact that he's got heart and brains. BUT, (and this is my own personal opinion) running QB's are nothing but a "gimmick" or a fad. I'll easily take a pure pocket passing QB over a running QB any day of the week and 4 times on Sunday.

The main reason for that opinion... name me the last team to win a Super Bowl with a "running" QB. Sure guys like Vick, McNabb, Young, Culpecker, etc. can put butts in the seats and can make a game exciting at times. But they don't... win... championships.

With that in mind, I agree with ESPN's "all night" that Jacksonville will probably draft him because he's a local boy and (as I just said) he'll put butts in the seats for the Jags.

Tebow isn't just another running QB, he had an ARM he can throw the ball quite well, as was seen recently when he spent less time running and more time managing. Tebow is the real deal
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 pm

forthewild wrote:
zamboni14 wrote:
timotheuzi wrote:

Tebow isn't just another running QB, he had an ARM he can throw the ball quite well, as was seen recently when he spent less time running and more time managing. Tebow is the real deal

sorry, I'm not buying it right now that he can be a pure pocket QB
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:37 pm

zamboni14 wrote:
forthewild wrote:
zamboni14 wrote:
timotheuzi wrote:

umm yeah he can, he's got pure athletic ability and talent, he can manage the offense and move them along just fine. Also he doesn't have to be a pure pocket qb, he can make passes, and use his feet to create opportunities, say tried to run it to one side draws the defense and then passes off to AP or Harvin and they tear it up down field. Tebow all the way.

Also the knock against "running qb's" isn't that they run, its that they are god awful with their passes, i mean Tjack can't hit the broad side of a barn, Vick's even worse, its not the case with Tebow he is very accurate and is capable of being a pure passer, seriously don't hate on this kid, he's not conventional but then again who'd have though Brady would win 3 super bowls.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:20 am

forthewild wrote:
zamboni14 wrote:
forthewild wrote:
zamboni14 wrote:
timotheuzi wrote:

umm yeah he can, he's got pure athletic ability and talent, he can manage the offense and move them along just fine. Also he doesn't have to be a pure pocket qb, he can make passes, and use his feet to create opportunities, say tried to run it to one side draws the defense and then passes off to AP or Harvin and they tear it up down field. Tebow all the way.

Also the knock against "running qb's" isn't that they run, its that they are god awful with their passes, i mean Tjack can't hit the broad side of a barn, Vick's even worse, its not the case with Tebow he is very accurate and is capable of being a pure passer, seriously don't hate on this kid, he's not conventional but then again who'd have though Brady would win 3 super bowls.

scrambling ability and "running" are two different things. Sure he can evade tackles, but that lame duck throw of his won't fly very well in the NFL.

well from what I read today he couldn't even take a ball from under center during practice for the senior bowl. That sure doesn't help him "look good" for the NFL.

What about McNabb? He was viewed as a running QB, and he can pass... how many rings he got?

you can try to convince me all day long, but I won't budge on Timmy... I don't want him. Now that said, if we were to draft him, I wouldn't "quit" being a fan just because of that.. if that's all it took, then I would have jumped ship back when T-Jack was drafted
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:59 pm

zamboni14 wrote:
forthewild wrote:
zamboni14 wrote:
forthewild wrote:
zamboni14 wrote:
timotheuzi wrote:

scrambling ability and "running" are two different things. Sure he can evade tackles, but that lame duck throw of his won't fly very well in the NFL.

well from what I read today he couldn't even take a ball from under center during practice for the senior bowl. That sure doesn't help him "look good" for the NFL.

What about McNabb? He was viewed as a running QB, and he can pass... how many rings he got?

you can try to convince me all day long, but I won't budge on Timmy... I don't want him. Now that said, if we were to draft him, I wouldn't "quit" being a fan just because of that.. if that's all it took, then I would have jumped ship back when T-Jack was drafted

you remind me a lot of NY Jets fans who were all sad when they picked Sanches now they love him, give him time he'll win besides he would have a year to learn from Favre.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:24 pm

you guys just don't get it do you? The Vikes like to pick up other teams used goods for a QB. they will not draft a highly talented young QB. instead, they will draft a run of the mill young QB and expect a seasoned vet to show them the way.

Ladies and gents, your Minnesota Vikings starting QB for 2010-2011, Mark Brunnell
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:06 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
you guys just don't get it do you? The Vikes like to pick up other teams used goods for a QB. they will not draft a highly talented young QB. instead, they will draft a run of the mill young QB and expect a seasoned vet to show them the way.

Ladies and gents, your Minnesota Vikings starting QB for 2010-2011, Mark Brunnell

actually it'll probably end up being Matt Hasselbeck

forthwild; That's what Packer fans thought till Farve said that teaching a QB was the QB coaches job, not his.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:00 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:

my fingers are in my ears blah blah blah blah

Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:08 pm

zamboni14 wrote:
timotheuzi wrote:

Precisely where Tebow is different, he HAS won championships and carried his team on his back at times while doing it (young is an exception to this but again, he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 am

timotheuzi wrote:
zamboni14 wrote:
timotheuzi wrote:

Precisely where Tebow is different, he HAS won championships and carried his team on his back at times while doing it (young is an exception to this but again, he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed

sorry, should have been more clear... they can't win championships in the NFL (look at the QB's that won championships at Nebraska... can you say; "where are they now?")
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:14 am

Tebow is not the guy you want running the West Coast offense. Accuracy is key, and something Tebow doesn't have.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Why isn't he accurate enough? I have seen plenty of awesome throws into tight spots from him. Check out his numbers

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2006 22 33 358 66.7 10.85 55 5 1 0 201.73
2007 234 350 3286 66.9 9.39 66 32 6 13 172.47
2008 192 298 2746 64.4 9.22 70 30 4 15 172.37
2009 213 314 2895 67.8 9.22 80 21 5 29 164.17

That completion is right up there with any college QB and he plays in probably the hardest conference in college.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:23 pm

You can't tell me that his completion percentage will be even remotely as high as it was in college when just about every throw he makes is to a wide open receiver. That will not be the case at all in the NFL.

Completion% in college says nothing about accuracy. Watching where he places the ball for his receivers does. He struggles to place the ball in the right spot, and in the NFL it will kill him.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:35 am

well i guess it's / wrist time

saints win... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:56 am

From the Strib...

Vikings stadium deal heating up in Legislature
Senate Taxes Chairman Tom Bakk, DFL-Cook, says a bill is in the works, while team officials now say they're confident about their chances

By MIKE KASZUBA, Star Tribune
Last update: April 7, 2010 - 10:47 PM

A deal to build a new Vikings stadium seems to be gathering momentum at the State Capitol, with a top DFL senator saying Wednesday that "most of the pieces" of a legislative proposal were "pretty much drafted."

Senate Taxes Chairman Tom Bakk, DFL-Cook, said that he has been working on the bill with others and that there is "plenty of time" to pass it before the Legislature adjourns in mid-May.

Earlier in the day, Vikings President Mark Wilf told a group of business leaders that he was "confident" the National Football League team would be able to strike a deal to obtain public subsidies to build a new stadium.

The behind-the-scenes maneuvering for a controversial $870 million stadium appears to be intensifying, even though no formal legislation has been introduced.

Lester Bagley, who directs the Vikings' stadium development efforts, said Wednesday that a public subsidy request by the team would likely include "a number of different revenue streams" and that legislative leaders along with local business officials were privately conferring over which package would likely get the most support.

There's "progress every day about sorting out how and when to position the issue, and move it forward," Bagley said.

The Vikings' lease at the Metrodome expires after the 2011 season, and team officials have said they will not consider an extension without a stadium deal.

In recent months, the team has broadly outlined a proposal to possibly use a metro-wide hospitality tax, divert sales taxes already generated by the team and perhaps even obtain federal stimulus money to help build the stadium.

Gov. Tim Pawlenty, who has increasingly commented on the need to find a stadium solution, floated the idea in February of using proceeds from a state lottery game.

The timing of any proposal may be tricky -- and sure to be filled with controversy. With five weeks left in the session, legislators have yet to tackle appropriations for K-12 schools and health and human services or make the cuts needed to completely balance the state's budget. They also have a $2.7 billion unallotment court case looming. State Supreme Court justices are still pondering their decision in the case, which deals with emergency budget cuts Pawlenty made last year.

Outwardly, at least, the Legislature has had little to say about a Vikings stadium so far this year. Before Easter, as legislators debated a jobs creation bill, the House voted 132-0 against using any parts of the legislation "to assist the state, any subdivision or agency of the state, a local government, or any private entity or person in financing or constructing a stadium or ballpark."

"If you wanted to test the temperature of the legislative support [for a Vikings stadium], I would use that as a reference point," Phil Krinkie, president of the Taxpayers League of Minnesota, said Wednesday. "That to me would indicate the wind is in your face."

Although polls have consistently shown widespread opposition to public financing of a new Vikings stadium, some supporters hope the team can capitalize on another bit of timing -- next week's regular season opener at Target Field, the publicly subsidized home of the Minnesota Twins that is generally winning accolades from fans and the media.

"I think it helps," said Roy Terwilliger, chairman of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission, which owns the Metrodome. "I think [Target Field] causes people to realize [the Metrodome] is an old ... facility."

Bakk said the most surprising aspect of the Target Field debut is how few people were publicly complaining about the subsidies used to help build it. "People ... forget once something actually passes," he said. "People got beyond how you're going to pay for it."

Mark Wilf, the brother of Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, joined in the optimism Wednesday in comments at a Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal briefing. "There's five weeks to go in our legislative session here, and we're confident that we can still reach a resolution to get a stadium solution," he told the crowd. "We feel something will get done this session."

Rep. Loren Solberg, DFL-Grand Rapids, who chairs the House Ways and Means Committee, has in recent weeks deflected speculation that he would be a House sponsor of stadium legislation. House Majority Leader Tony Sertich, DFL-Chisholm, echoing the comments of many legislators, has said publicly that he was focused on more pressing issues facing the Legislature, including the state budget deficit, job creation and health care.

But Bagley said Wilf's comments showed that the momentum was building. "His comments reflect where we think things stand," said Bagley. "We've got good energy."
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:00 am

From the Strib...

Vikings re-launch stadium website

Posted by Chip Scoggins
Last update: April 6, 2010 - 3:03 PM

The Vikings have re-launched a new version of a website designed to keep fans updated and informed on the team's quest to secure a new stadium.

The website's new look -- www.MinnesotaMomentum.com -- was unveiled Tuesday and includes information about the stadium initiative and the team's work with the Legislature.

The team's blog on Vikings.com has a story on the re-launch that can be found right here.

"Over the last several years we have heard from many of our fans who want a new stadium, who want the same great experience as people who go to the Xcel Energy Center and now the new Target Field," said Jeff Anderson, Vikings assistant director of public affairs. "These fans want to be involved in the stadium discussions and they want to be part of a solution. Knowing that, we thought it was important to re-launch the Minnesota Momentum web site to give them a place to gather information and become engaged in the effort.
"Minnesota Momentum will serve as the primary source of information on the Vikings stadium issue," Anderson continued. "The campaign seeks to educate, inform and organize fans, business and community leaders who are supportive of a stadium solution."

Vikings officials have expressed real optimism recently about the progress and momentum being made in their stadium push. The Wilf family updated other NFL owners on the situation during league meetings in Orlando two weeks ago.

“We feel that there is some positive progress in Minnesota towards a stadium resolution," Leonard Wilf said at the NFL owners meetings. "We are very pleased that somebody is paying attention to the issue and trying to move it along. The league is being updated and they will be cooperative. They feel that we’ve been one of the four laggards in getting a stadium resolution."

Vikings officials said they are optimistic that the stadium talk will heat up considerably after April 15. Judd recently reported that their optimism stems from conversations Zygi Wilf had with state leaders in January, including Gov. Tim Pawlenty, senate majority leader Larry Pogemiller and house speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher.

"More and more legislators have told the team that this issue needs to be resolved," Anderson wrote in an email. "They understand the Metrodome has reached the end of its useful life as an NFL stadium, and with just 20 games left, they understand the sense of urgency. At the same time, the State is looking for ways to boost the economy. With the current high unemployment in the construction industry and the low interest rates for bonds, 2010 is a great time for a public-private investment such as this."
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:14 pm

From the Strib...

Racino offers $40 million a year for new Vikings stadium
Racino supporters hope to overcome Indian tribes' opposition to slots at Canterbury by dangling stadium funds.

Star Tribune
Last update: April 8, 2010 - 5:24 PM

Trying to revive interest in a racino at the Legislature -- and take advantage of any momentum to build a Minnesota Vikings stadium -- supporters unveiled a new proposal Thursday to expand gambling at Minnesota's horse racing tracks that includes more money for the proposed stadium.

Former Republican Senator Dick Day, a leading lobbyist for Racino Now, said the changes were aimed at bolstering the sagging fortunes of racino at the Legislature and capitalize on what may be a move at the State Capitol to provide public subsidies for a new Vikings stadium.

Under the new proposal, $40 million of the $100 million projected annual take from racino slots would go to a Vikings stadium. The Vikings have estimated they need $41 million annually to pay for a new, all-weather stadium.

Day said that four other broad categories would receive $15 million a year -- agricultural and rural development, biosciences, early childhood education and the state's general fund.

Other new changes to the legislation, which Day acknowledged had been meeting stiff resistance at the Legislature, included limiting racino to only Canterbury Park in Scott County and increasing the number of slot machines at the facility from 1,500 to 2,500.

An earlier proposal had included putting slot machines at Running Aces, the state's other horse racing facility, located in the Twin Cities' northern suburbs. Day said that opposition from Indian tribes, particularly those in northern Minnesota, to slots at Running Aces sparked the change.

"We think we have the answer to the Vikings," said Day, who said he believed the Vikings would support the proposal. "We got [the money]. It's here. There's no cost to anybody."
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:31 pm

Better get those 2500 slots in Canterbury or LA will be sporting another purple and gold team from Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:00 am

forgive me if this ends up being a long post, but I have a strong opinion on doing a "racino."

For years people have been screaming that we shouldn't be funding a team owner who'll make a killing in profits when he sells the team (with a new stadium.) With football, it was usually added that the people who'll be paying the extra taxes, won't be able to afford a ticket to take the family to the stadium they helped pay for.

Enter the "racino" idea.

With a racino, nobody is being FORCED to help fund a new stadium. The only people paying for it are those that wish to support it. Sure some of them can't afford a ticket either, but to them.. that's ok. Being able to lay on the couch on a Sunday in the fall and watch it on TV is good enough.

Meanwhile, you STILL have the anti-stadium people DEMANDING the state doesn't allow this. Let me repeat that... people who don't want to pay for a new stadium, don't care about a new stadium, don't even care about football for that matter... are the ones screaming against the idea.

WHO THE FUCK DO THEY THINK THEY ARE?!

This is what pisses me off to no end over the whole issue. The people who'll sit there while trying to be "moral judges" while looking down their noses saying "we should be spending it on the poor, education, parks, roads, etc." They can all kiss my fucking ass! You don't want taxes raised, you don't want to pay for a stadium you could care less about... THEN SHUT YOUR FUCKING HOLE!!! This is OUR money that we went to spend for what WE want. Are we running around bitching about taxes paying for bike trails? Hell, I don't even own a fucking bike.. let alone the time and the money to take a trip down some fucking bike trail. But noooo, I'm not supposed to say such things because a "bike trail" doesn't pad some one else's pocket. Bottom line with these people... you don't want to pay for it with tax money... SHUT THE FUCK UP and let us raise the money from people who DO want to pay for it.

Another argument that is brought up is how we are taking advantage of people with gambling problems that hurt families and can cost tax payers more money in court costs from broken homes. BOOOO FUCKING HOOOOO! If John or Jane Doe have a gambling problem, they are already going to Mystic Lake, Little 6, Treasure Island, Grand, etc. as well as doing it all online as well. You think by adding a racino that's going to suddenly skyrocket the number of people with gambling problems? Funny, you sure don't hear people screaming that every time a new bar opens up, it's praying on alcoholics. This is a total bullshit argument against having one.. or did they not see the massive "tee-pee" lights just down the fucking road?

Speaking of the native americans. Didn't anyone else notice those ads that were ran the last time this idea was mentioned? "Payed for by the ________" (insert local tribe.) These ads talking about gambling problems, having to layoff people, donations they make, etc. Hey thanks for offering up your bullshit sob stories. Funny, gambling problem ads aren't on TV unless this is being discussed... why is that? Because they don't care if you have a gambling problem.. they just care that your ass is sitting in their casino while you are spending your money. Layoffs? Yeah, my ass they'll have to layoff a bunch of people just because there is a racino put in. I don't seem to remember them losing a ton of money when they started to allow poker at Canterbury, and they'll still be bringing in a ton of money from blackjack, slots, bingo, etc. But, people sure buy into this shit easily... usually the ones that are against football in general as it is.

Personally, I'm sick and fucking tired of hearing politicians whine and bitch against a racino.. while taking a boat load of money from the native americans to be against the idea. It's "big business" running the government at it's best. And who's usually the ones taking the native american money while being against a racino.. Dems. The very people who bitch about "big business" and lobbyists getting their way. Pot... go fuck the kettle!

I am all for a racino... it's too bad that we couldn't have done this YEARS ago when a new stadium was half of the cost it is now. But I say if these assholes keep blocking those of us who WANT a new stadium, then fuck 'em... raise the shit out of taxes to pay for a new stadium. Then when those people start to complain about having to pay for it... I'll just remind them over and over again... "good thing you didn't want that racino."
Back to top Go down
DougRiser

DougRiser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:03 am

This hasnt been passed because the DFL is in bed with the Indian tribes.

Theres ZERO other reason
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:54 pm

You are both correct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next