Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread

Go down 
+14
Quisp
DougRiser
timotheuzi
wukwinn
OldTimeHockey
Wild_State_of_Hockey
BackStopBabe
Dee Oh Cee
CJayWild
Toewser
zamboni14
Kevin W
00Xtremeninja
TaLoN
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:19 am

TaLoN wrote:
Don't be surprised if the Vikes take Taylor Mays, then try to trade up in the 2nd again for Colt McCoy.

I wouldn't mind McCoy
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:19 pm

TaLoN wrote:
Don't be surprised if the Vikes take Taylor Mays, then try to trade up in the 2nd again for Colt McCoy.

don't tease me like that! If that happens... EPIC WIN!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:08 pm

They took Chris Cook at #34... not a bad alternative to Mays... only Cook will likely remain at corner since he's not as strong of a tackler.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Vikings trade their 2nd and their 3rd to Houston to move up 11 spots in the 2nd round and take Toby Gerhart RB from Stanford. Looks like we found Chester's replacement.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:34 pm

from what I heard the other day, Toby should have gone in the first round.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:44 pm

Still up in the air on whether I am overall happy with how they got Gerhart... I like that we got him, but it's tough to take giving up a 3rd rounder to do it.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:13 am

no QB... fuck i hope there is some gem later on in the 4th we can snag, i mean McCoy having a year under Favre would be awesome for us.

oh well only 2 months till i get disapointed by us not picking Nino or Bjugstad
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:25 am

We have the 2nd pick in the 4th, so it would be early on in the 4th. Isn't Dan LeFevour the next ranked QB? Might have been Tony Pike, either way, both are big and both have strong arms, and the Vikes still have the chance at either.
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:00 am

I think we goofed by not taking Colt McCoy with our first and second pick. The ESPN crew said we passed on Clausen and McCoy out of respect to Favre...seriously?? We'll have Favre for one more season, two at most. Favre could have groomed him. Sage and Jackson are not franchise QB's. McCoy is going to be a great quarterback in the NFL. 45 wins with the Texas Longhorns is an NCAA RECORD!! McCoy also completed 70.3% of his passes, throwing for 112 touchdowns and 13,253 yards, both Texas Longhorn records. He's got a great head and Cleveland is lucky to land him. All the mock drafts had him or Clausen coming to Minny with the first pick. Then we passed on him a second time! When Favre retires we are toast.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:45 am

I think they're full of it when they say "out of respect for Favre"

From what I've heard tonight, the Vikes did not like Clausen at all, and don't have much confidence in McCoy. You don't draft a QB for the future if you don't think that QB fits your future.

I don't necessarily agree, but the front office has been money on draft day since Spielman got here... so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I won't argue the need for Gerhart, as Chester was a big hole to fill for THIS YEAR... so I have no complaints getting him instead of McCoy anyway.

We do need to draft a QB still...
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Jevon Snead southern QB who has decent upside maybe we take him,
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:23 pm

tony pike?
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:56 pm

Vikes on the clock lets hope is a QB
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:57 pm

cmon tony pike
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:00 pm

who the fuck is joe webb??
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:02 pm

joe webb qb uab
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:16 pm

pike gone to panthers
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:22 pm

still hoping for snead
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Joe Web is actually going to be converted to a WR in the NFL, so we still haven't picked a QB prospect yet.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:26 pm

TaLoN wrote:
Joe Web is actually going to be converted to a WR in the NFL, so we still haven't picked a QB prospect yet.

what makes you think so? is that what espn guys said?
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:39 pm

he is right, the strib blog says he will be a wr
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:32 pm

forthewild wrote:

what makes you think so? is that what espn guys said?
I don't think there was a scouting report out there that said he'd be an NFL QB, everything I had ever read on the guy said a WR convert. He even went through the combine as a WR and played WR in the senior bowl.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 11:04 pm

From the Strib...

Vikes agree to terms with 10 undrafted players
Posted by Judd Zulgad
Last update: April 24, 2010 - 7:42 PM

The Vikings remained busy after Saturday's draft concluded, agreeing to terms with 10 players who weren't drafted. Here is the list:

QB R.J. Archer, William & Mary

OG Thomas Austin, Clemson

OT Matt Hanson, Midwestern State

C Tommy Hernandez, UC-Davis

WR Aaron Rhea, Stephen F. Austin

SS Terrell Skinner, Maryland

WR Ray Small, Ohio State

WR Kelton Tindal, Newberry

CB Angelo Williams, Ferris State

OT Marlon Winn, Texas Tech

The Vikings will hold a three-day rookie minicamp next weekend at Winter Park.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 11:09 pm

The Word on Archer...

Under the Radar: R.J. Archer
AnthonyBlake on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:50PM

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 Rj-archer

Many believe that NFL general managers earn their paychecks based on their level of success in the later rounds of the draft by uncovering those hidden gems that can push a team over the top. With the NFL’s scouting process now winding down, many names are being brought to the forefront that weren’t exactly on the tip of anyone’s tongues when the collegiate season started. This segment called Under the Radar will continue to explore just what scouts find attractive about certain prospects that may be available beyond the glamour rounds of the draft and why you’re team may be interested in landing one of these sleepers.

Athletic quarterbacks still turn heads no matter which level of competition they play in during their collegiate years. Division II’s William & Mary has produced such a player this draft season in R.J. Archer and he is built more like a running back than a signal caller. Archer is a former wide receiver which is one of the best positions for a quarterback to be familiar with as he understands just how his wideouts will be making their breaks and how to fit the ball into tight coverage windows. When you normally think of an athlete playing under center you think of a ‘run first’ type of guy, but that couldn’t be further from the truth with Archer. He has a great looking delivery which produces a very catchable ball for his receivers and he goes through his progressions with accuracy looking to throw the ball first rather than find a running lane. His 4.75 speed is a huge plus for any team looking at him in the draft as a player with his on-field smarts offers up a wealth of versatility.

That same versatility can also be looked at as a bit of detriment as Archer has such an arsenal as his disposal in terms of athleticism, perhaps he is simply ‘good’ at everything and ‘great’ at nothing. At 6’2” 220lbs. he definitely has enough size to make it as a pro style quarterback, but his height isn’t ideal for the position and scanning the field around big bodies at the next level may be an issue. Arm strength is a bit of a question mark for him as well not really having that ideal stretch the field type of cannon that GM’s look for in the leap to the NFL. Probably the biggest issue for Archer is the fact that he only has one year of experience at the quarterback position. He is going to be a project at the next level and general managers will be hesitant to use a draft pick on a player who may never pan out. Still, don’t be surprised if a team is seduced by the temptation of upside and snags Archer in the waning moments of the 7th round.

A number of names will be called during April’s NFL Draft that seem to be from out of left field, but don’t let R.J. Archer’s be one of them. Keep looking out for more Under the Radar players shooting up draft boards or quietly lurking in this incredibly deep 2010 class that could make a huge impact over the coming years on Sundays.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 11:23 pm

More from the Strib...

D'Imperio will play fullback for Vikings
Posted by Judd Zulgad
Last update: April 24, 2010 - 5:15 PM

Vikings seventh-round pick Ryan D'Imperio said on a conference call that he was drafted as a fullback by the Vikings and not as a linebacker. D'Imperio played linebacker at Rutgers but spent time at fullback in high school.

The Vikings also took UAB quarterback Joe Webb in the sixth round on Saturday and almost certainly will move him to wide receiver.

Naufahu Tahi is the only fullback currenty on the Vikings roster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next