Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings

Go down 
+7
topshelf37
Velmeran
lolwat
Wild_State_of_Hockey
TaLoN
cehnehdeh
MuckandGrind
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:34 pm

MuckandGrind wrote:
I'm already over Gaborik.....would I like to have seen him re-signed? Of course, but it seemed pretty obvious to me that he wanted out of town and if a player doesn't want to be here, I don't want him here, either.
He didn't want to be here because DR was running the team into the ground. DR then spent Gabby's money on Backstrom, thus Fletcher had no choice but not make an offer to Gabby.

I can't blame Gabby for his decision at all, as everyone could see DR was killing the franchise.

I will always enjoy watching Gabby play, and I am glad to have center ice to catch the rangers whenever possible. I will cheer Gabby when he steps on the ice at the X on Oct 30th as well!
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:12 pm

TaLoN wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:
I'm already over Gaborik.....would I like to have seen him re-signed? Of course, but it seemed pretty obvious to me that he wanted out of town and if a player doesn't want to be here, I don't want him here, either.
He didn't want to be here because DR was running the team into the ground. DR then spent Gabby's money on Backstrom, thus Fletcher had no choice but not make an offer to Gabby.

I can't blame Gabby for his decision at all, as everyone could see DR was killing the franchise.

I will always enjoy watching Gabby play, and I am glad to have center ice to catch the rangers whenever possible. I will cheer Gabby when he steps on the ice at the X on Oct 30th as well!

But didn't Fletcher talk to Gaborik's agent before 7/1? I seem to remember that he did and basically got the word that Gaborik was not interested in negotiating a deal before July 1, which is the reason why Fletcher never put an offer on the table.

It's not like I hate Gaborik or anything, it's just that I've moved on, as I'm sure he has to.
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:10 pm

MuckandGrind wrote:
Actually, Sutter gave them more freedom than I think Lemaire will.

It should be interesting to watch. I feel like I remember Dowd saying that JL knows how to use offense when he has it and he backed it up with some stats from that Jersey cup run. I'd wager Parise's numbers drop though.

how'bout this?
Quote :
Olivier Magnan-Grenier is a defenseman and also was on the ice with the first practice group, but was skating as a right wing. It might have been only a temporary move, though.

"They told me he's a good skater, which I really didn't pay attention (to) with how he could play the game," Lemaire said. "So I said, 'I'm going to try him on the wing and I'll keep an eye on him. I just wanted to try him there. We have a lot of D. A lot of D. It could be for one practice. It could be for one day."
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:12 pm

shmiddy wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:
Actually, Sutter gave them more freedom than I think Lemaire will.

It should be interesting to watch. I feel like I remember Dowd saying that JL knows how to use offense when he has it and he backed it up with some stats from that Jersey cup run. I'd wager Parise's numbers drop though.

how'bout this?
Quote :
Olivier Magnan-Grenier is a defenseman and also was on the ice with the first practice group, but was skating as a right wing. It might have been only a temporary move, though.

"They told me he's a good skater, which I really didn't pay attention (to) with how he could play the game," Lemaire said. "So I said, 'I'm going to try him on the wing and I'll keep an eye on him. I just wanted to try him there. We have a lot of D. A lot of D. It could be for one practice. It could be for one day."

Oh dear God!!! Lemaire is at it again!!!
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:17 pm

I'm past Gaborik too, but I was always sort of sour on him. I bet he blows a wheel. Why hasn't he been in the lineup til now?
Back to top Go down
Wild Fan #1

Wild Fan #1

PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:20 pm

It was tough to see Gaborik in Ranger blue last night. It's still hard to admit that he's not on our team.

But at least we have Havlat to be thankful for. He's going to be fun to watch too.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:45 pm

MuckandGrind wrote:
TaLoN wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:

But didn't Fletcher talk to Gaborik's agent before 7/1? I seem to remember that he did and basically got the word that Gaborik was not interested in negotiating a deal before July 1, which is the reason why Fletcher never put an offer on the table.

It's not like I hate Gaborik or anything, it's just that I've moved on, as I'm sure he has to.
No there was no indication that Gaborik didn't want to sign. The only word that ever came out was that Fletcher didn't make an offer. My guess is that is due to Gabz still wanting at least $7mil, which the Wild simply couldn't afford after signing Backs to $6mil. Thus Fletcher didn't bother to make an offer.
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:22 am

Maybe it's just me, but I think Havlat ($5 million) + Sykora ($1.6 million) is better value than Gaborik ($7.5 million).
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:18 am

MuckandGrind wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I think Havlat ($5 million) + Sykora ($1.6 million) is better value than Gaborik ($7.5 million).
Assuming both stay healthy I'd be inclined to agree with you Muck.

Then again if I add the requirement that both stay healthy, then I've got to add that Gabs would need to stay healthy as well.
Back to top Go down
vorosiraptor

vorosiraptor

PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:27 am

MuckandGrind wrote:

No question. For around the price of 1 Gaby we were able to sign Havlat, Sykora, and Brodziak to contracts. Seems like a no-brainer.

Almost makes me feel better about Gaby walking for nothing. Almost.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:22 am

vorosiraptor wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:

No question. For around the price of 1 Gaby we were able to sign Havlat, Sykora, and Brodziak to contracts. Seems like a no-brainer.

Not even almost for me.. We lost potential first rounders on that!
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:49 am

TaLoN wrote:
vorosiraptor wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:

Would have gotten at least one 1st rounder had DR traded him before the start of last season.
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:58 am

Velmeran wrote:
TaLoN wrote:
vorosiraptor wrote:
MuckandGrind wrote:

Would have gotten at least one 1st rounder had DR traded him before the start of last season.

Exactly....I, and others, were saying that if DR didn't get Gaborik signed before training camp he should IMMEDIATELY start shopping him....STILL pisses me off to end. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings   Sportsnet.ca  - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sportsnet.ca - Mike Brophy's Top 50 Player Rankings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2