Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

*Official* Canucks Thread!!

Go down 
+16
Lers
OldTimeHockey
Jagged Ice
wukwinn
timotheuzi
Beer
forthewild
Quisp
Velmeran
MuckandGrind
zamboni14
TaLoN
Dee Oh Cee
00Xtremeninja
Wild_State_of_Hockey
cehnehdeh
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

*Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:04 pm

Hey mod! Would you mind not constantly derailing my thread? I'd hate to have to report you!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:11 pm

hey would you mind not double posting all the time with your crazy Canadian computer system up there? sheeesh!

but, per the OP's request

How are the Sedin's going to do this year?
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:39 pm

They will each break the 100 point plateau. Quote me on it!
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Thoughts on the re-signing of your coach?
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Velmeran wrote:
Thoughts on the re-signing of your coach?

3 seasons ago (his inaugral year) the Canucks had a winning season in spite of his coaching IMO. His TOI allocation as well as personnel decisions in key situations was SO bloody frustrating! 1 minute left in a game down by a goal and the Sedins/Naslund lines sitting on the bench and Kesler and Burrows were out there. At that time Kes had complete hands of stone and Burrows was a pure grinder. It made ZERO sense to me to not have the scorer/money guys out there trying to do what they were paid to do

I also didn't appreciate the constant slighting of Trevor Linden in his last and second to last season here. Trevor had more to give than was asked of him. He was NOT a boogie-minutes type player IMO and him getting benched rather frequently pissed me off.

Fast forward to last year and I have to give him credit for making the transition to a more offensive game as MG promised us, his fans. His TOI and personnel allocation has gotten a LOT better as well. I still think he juggles lines to much and it appears he has very little patience for giving guys time to gel.

Overall? I think the signing is status quo. There's lots of coaches out there that could get out of the Canucks that he does.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:26 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
They will each break the 100 point plateau. Quote me on it!

I agree everyone will try to avoid getting hit by burrows that the twins will have a 2-0 every shift, Razz

on a serious note its very possible, they are getting closer and closer and should be peaking in the next few years.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Hard to say if Burrows will be with em' much. I can see Samuelsson lining up as their right-handed shot!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:03 am

Canucks couldn't make it 3 OT wins straight. Wooo!!!
Back to top Go down
Beer

Beer

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:48 pm

That was quite the entertaining shootout tonight. Gotta love Jokinen taking a slap shot from below the hash marks, and then edler retaliating with a slapper up high on kiprusoff. lol!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:24 am

Looks like Shirokov will get to stay with Hodgson and Grabner playing in the minors.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:38 am

wasn't hodgson supposed to make the team?
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:31 pm

timotheuzi wrote:
wasn't hodgson supposed to make the team?

Yup he was the odds on favorite. That said he hasnt impressed. (Bad time to be recovering from an injury)
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:50 am

The Canucks are now under investigation for Luongos contract. That makes 3 teams currently under investigation: Philadephia (Pronger), Chicago (Hossa) and Vancouver (Luongo)

One has to wonder why the ball didnt start rolling with the Zetterberg extension....
Back to top Go down
wukwinn

wukwinn

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:45 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
Oo!! Can I steal the Canucks one for use in my avatar? (Not the golf club one, at least not until we are eliminted!)

You rock the graphics dude!

bout that time eh, chaps?
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:06 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
The Canucks are now under investigation for Luongos contract. That makes 3 teams currently under investigation: Philadephia (Pronger), Chicago (Hossa) and Vancouver (Luongo)

One has to wonder why the ball didnt start rolling with the Zetterberg extension....

the Zetterberg deal isn't fishy, he has 12 years left, he's 28 that would make his final season at age 40 which is not only possible but me thinks he'll do it. The deals you mentioned go above the age of 40 and unless we have 3 more Chelios on our hands those guys will be leaving the game before their deal expires.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 10:06 am

Vancouver looks to need a goalie.

they could pick up Harding for cheap and send some guys our way.....................
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:20 pm

harding for hodgson straight up or harding for kesler straight up celebrate
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:03 pm

Pfft...Luongo always starts off slow. Get back to me come April.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 12:39 am

7-1 eh? that's a statement...I think the NW division is going to be veerrry interesting this year...I won't comment on how good it will necessarily be but it will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:22 am

that was a slaughtering last night.

I wonder what kind of reasoning Antti is giving for it...........
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:28 pm

Daniel Sedin (foot) out 4 to 6 weeks.
Also read on the wire this morning that Demos recovery from off-season surgery is not going well at all. Still feels constant pain in his shoulder and is still very swollen.

Looks like he'll miss a good chunk of the season...
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 3:50 pm

sucks about Demo and Sedin #1.

We'll see how resilient the team is when they play again.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 3:51 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
sucks about Demo and Sedin #1.

We'll see how resilient the team is when they play again.

The on-ice play was pretty sketchy last night. We also lost Salo to some sort of injury. The dude HAS to be Gaboriks twin he's so freaking fragile and brittle. Hopefully Salo won't be out for too long as our D seems paper-thin at the moment. (Wonder when Schneider will be ready to roll?)
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:30 pm

watch, with the Nucks injuries, the Flames' ability to implode, the Wild's rookieness, and the Oiler's uncanny ability to make crucial mistakes, the damn Avs win the NW
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 6:35 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
watch, with the Nucks injuries, the Flames' ability to implode, the Wild's rookieness, and the Oiler's uncanny ability to make crucial mistakes, the damn Avs win the NW

At least they wouldnt get back to back top 5 picks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Canucks Thread!!   *Official* Canucks Thread!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Official* Canucks Thread!!
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next